Is my MacBook's Internal Speaker Blown?

Hi There,

When I play a music or other sound and set the volume more than 3/4 of max volume, I hear disturbing rattle/cracking sound especially when playing music with great bass. Rattling sound most likely come from left side but when I drag left-right balance to full left or full right, Rattling sound gone. Someone can tell me what happen actually with my mac? Is it really blown or this is usual problem?

Thank You

Sincerely,

Athaariq

Try using the balance control in the sound control panel to isolate what speaker is having problems. Don't forget you also have a third speaker! A subwoofer.

It's possible you have something loose which is vibrating. Have you had anything altered in your system? If you did I would review that area.

I've already used balance contol. when I drag slider to full-left or full-right, rattling sound gone. Maybe the subwoofer has been blown, or maybe something loose after I bring my mac to the service center. I will find out

hey i am having the same problem. can you tell me how did you solve it ?

Did you try the sound balance control? Are you able to isolate out which speaker?

Hi! I found out my right speaker is busted. How do I fix this?

My Mac book pro retina 2013 have a same problem how to fixed ?

Sounds like you need a new speaker or two. Use the balance control to help you isolate out which is bad.

Athaariq Ardiansyah Ramadhani will be eternally grateful.