Is my MacBook's Internal Speaker Blown?

Hi There,

When I play a music or other sound and set the volume more than 3/4 of max volume, I hear disturbing rattle/cracking sound especially when playing music with great bass. Rattling sound most likely come from left side but when I drag left-right balance to full left or full right, Rattling sound gone. Someone can tell me what happen actually with my mac? Is it really blown or this is usual problem?

Thank You

Sincerely,

Athaariq

Try using the balance control in the sound control panel to isolate what speaker is having problems. Don't forget you also have a third speaker! A subwoofer.

It's possible you have something loose which is vibrating. Have you had anything altered in your system? If you did I would review that area.

I've already used balance contol. when I drag slider to full-left or full-right, rattling sound gone. Maybe the subwoofer has been blown, or maybe something loose after I bring my mac to the service center. I will find out

hey i am having the same problem. can you tell me how did you solve it ?

Did you try the sound balance control? Are you able to isolate out which speaker?

Hi! I found out my right speaker is busted. How do I fix this?

I have replaced both speakers of my Mac Pro A1398 Mid 2015, on three (3) times. Still it keeps on bursting the edge of the speaker - rattling sound.

I THINK APPLE SPEAKERS ARE DEFECTIVE FROM THE TIME OF MANUFACTURE.

I have ordered another set this time from Ali express. Last replaced in December 2017. Last pair bought from ifixit, it lasted for 6 months - longest period it lasted. Now again rattling.

I have the same problem..I have ordered the new speaker (only the left) from Ebay..14 days later the speaker has broken again!

same here, the right speaker seems to go on the mbp 15' early 2013 retinas, when i ordered a replacement set the ebay seller sent me a defective right speaker as well, i called him out with pictures to get a refund

My Mac book pro retina 2013 have a same problem how to fixed ?

Sounds like you need a new speaker or two. Use the balance control to help you isolate out which is bad.

i have a same problem does apple fixes for free ? it its been three years that i have this mac, which is already over the warrenty preriod . my one is 15 inch mac book pro retina late 2013.

Sorry Apple won't fix it for free. Time to test out which speaker using the slide control and then decide if you want to fix it your self or get someone to do it.

I have similar problem. This happened two weeks ago and got worsen. My macbook pro is model 2017 with the touchbar.

@honeebee - Apple has a warranty repair for blown speakers in both the 13" & 15" 2016/17 systems! Apple will replace the damaged speakers for free. Make your way to an Apple Store or Apple authorized service center.

Even after the warranty period ?

Anyone have a quote of how much it would cost to repair/replace?

hi

buy a precision tool kit for $15 on ebay, ifixit are very good but more expensive for tools that wear down if your a pro, of course a pro gets the Switzerland versions.

the speakers are roughly $20

I have an early 2013 15" retina A1398. To get access on the speakers, you have to remove almost everything. Not worth it . I just got me a small JBL Bluetooth speakers. Great sound. In my area, it cost $100 -120 to replace the speakers.

Athaariq Ardiansyah Ramadhani will be eternally grateful.