Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

Why does my smart tv turn on and off overs and overs.

i turn it on and shows samsung smart tv then turns off quick, then on, then off, and repeats itself till i unplug it. it shows a that screen a second then repeats. what can be the problem and can i fix myself.

kevin hernandez, what model # is your smart TV?

Un60es8000fxza is the model number.

Did you update the units firmware? If you didn't then go online and download the latest firmware to a USB thumbdrive and extract the software then plug it into the maintenance port of the TV and then turn on the TV. It should see the update as soon as it is turned on if not then see if you can navigate to the update menu and force it.

Luck!

Were would I go to get this firmware.

Went to the Samsung website but my model number don't come up.

Hi kevin hernandez,

Here is a link the the firmware download page for your model. (Samsung/Latin America). Scroll down to Firmware Upgrade File

Apparently all the Samsung UN60ES8000F series models share the same firmware. Unfortunately the Upgrade Guide link on the page has been removed. Hopefully there will be information contained in the Firmware Upgrade File (All OS, 192.75 MB, zip, ENGLISH Version : 1059.0 2015.08.20) detailing how to do it. As you can see it is rather a large file and it is a .Zip file, so you will have to unzip it once you have downloaded it to extract all the files it contains.

If there is no information on how to upgrade the firmware, normally with most brands of TVs, (when they allow the user to upgrade the firmware), you load the firmware onto the root directory of a USB flash drive. Do not put in into a sub folder of the drive. Then, with the TV off, plug in the USB drive and then switch on the TV. If you have the correct file installed on the flash drive the TV will automatically find it and begin the firmware installation process.

Be patient, it usually takes a while to complete.

http://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/...

hopefully this is of some help.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners...

The problem is caused by the TV auto downloading software updates and you allowing an upgrade while on a Wi Fi connection.

It must be on wired CAT 5 or better LAN CABLE back to your modem.

After it switches off and back on, it has now lost the Wi Fi password, so it keeps cycling off and on, as it cannot complete the set up with no Wi Fi.

I found that I had to go and deselect in the TV menu, to the get the IP details from 'automatically' to 'manual' to get out of the never ending loop of switch on and off.

My set was getting worse from once every 30 min to every minute, and it was not a soft turn off, but the audio was violently loud.

I have this happen several times over the years since 2012, and had banned at the modem from connecting to Samsung TV Software update. I had to factory reset the modem from another issue, but unfortunately an update slipped past me and onto the TV.

Nothing ever gets better from their updates, but causes trouble every time with simple things like HDMI no longer working.

What you need to enter into your modem 's 'blocked sites' as www.samsungotn.net

Then it cannot update the software, but the apps on the Smart Hub will update.

Some apps crash on update and cause similar issues, and if you have no internet connection, they will not cause so much a problem.

I have Samsung UN65F9000AF and I cannot find the firmware upgrade link or page on Samsung site can someone please assist me here...My tv was purchased in June of 2014 and has the same looping issues turning on and off Thank you so much

Go into Settings / System / AnyNet+

Turn OFF this setting fixed the problem for me.

How do you turn it off, if you can't get the tv to stay on?

Unplug the power, unplug network cable or network hub if in wifi. Leave for 10 minutes or so.

Turn it back on and no more blinking. Quickly go to Settings and turn off AnyNet+

Thank you so much!

It worked.

kevin hernandez will be eternally grateful.