Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

Why does my smart tv turn on and off overs and overs.

i turn it on and shows samsung smart tv then turns off quick, then on, then off, and repeats itself till i unplug it. it shows a that screen a second then repeats. what can be the problem and can i fix myself.

kevin hernandez, what model # is your smart TV?

Un60es8000fxza is the model number.

Did you update the units firmware? If you didn't then go online and download the latest firmware to a USB thumbdrive and extract the software then plug it into the maintenance port of the TV and then turn on the TV. It should see the update as soon as it is turned on if not then see if you can navigate to the update menu and force it.

Luck!

Were would I go to get this firmware.

Went to the Samsung website but my model number don't come up.

Hi kevin hernandez,

Here is a link the the firmware download page for your model. (Samsung/Latin America). Scroll down to Firmware Upgrade File

Apparently all the Samsung UN60ES8000F series models share the same firmware. Unfortunately the Upgrade Guide link on the page has been removed. Hopefully there will be information contained in the Firmware Upgrade File (All OS, 192.75 MB, zip, ENGLISH Version : 1059.0 2015.08.20) detailing how to do it. As you can see it is rather a large file and it is a .Zip file, so you will have to unzip it once you have downloaded it to extract all the files it contains.

If there is no information on how to upgrade the firmware, normally with most brands of TVs, (when they allow the user to upgrade the firmware), you load the firmware onto the root directory of a USB flash drive. Do not put in into a sub folder of the drive. Then, with the TV off, plug in the USB drive and then switch on the TV. If you have the correct file installed on the flash drive the TV will automatically find it and begin the firmware installation process.

Be patient, it usually takes a while to complete.

http://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/...

hopefully this is of some help.

hi, i have the same problem, i downloaded the firmware for my TV UE46D5500RW, but the TV does not seem to boot from PEN with firmware, and it continuous rebooting, you have any suggestion? king regards

Most Helpful Answer

Go into Settings / System / AnyNet+

Turn OFF this setting fixed the problem for me.

How do you turn it off, if you can't get the tv to stay on?

Unplug the power, unplug network cable or network hub if in wifi. Leave for 10 minutes or so.

Turn it back on and no more blinking. Quickly go to Settings and turn off AnyNet+

Thank you so much!

It worked.

Awesome, I was ready to buy a new tv, not Samsung.

I has had this problem On/Off with Samsung TV, I want to fix it by myself before I throw it away. I go online and read the comments by Sua Truong to turn Anynet+. It works wonderfully. Now my TV is working like a brand new. Thanks Sua Truong

The problem is caused by the TV auto downloading software updates and you allowing an upgrade while on a Wi Fi connection.

It must be on wired CAT 5 or better LAN CABLE back to your modem.

After it switches off and back on, it has now lost the Wi Fi password, so it keeps cycling off and on, as it cannot complete the set up with no Wi Fi.

I found that I had to go and deselect in the TV menu, to the get the IP details from 'automatically' to 'manual' to get out of the never ending loop of switch on and off.

My set was getting worse from once every 30 min to every minute, and it was not a soft turn off, but the audio was violently loud.

I have this happen several times over the years since 2012, and had banned at the modem from connecting to Samsung TV Software update. I had to factory reset the modem from another issue, but unfortunately an update slipped past me and onto the TV.

Nothing ever gets better from their updates, but causes trouble every time with simple things like HDMI no longer working.

What you need to enter into your modem 's 'blocked sites' as www.samsungotn.net

Then it cannot update the software, but the apps on the Smart Hub will update.

Some apps crash on update and cause similar issues, and if you have no internet connection, they will not cause so much a problem.

This worked for me, thank you!

Check the remote https://youtu.be/2Jg7cMw2d18

I have been having the same problem, I tried the above solution with memory card but wasn't able to get that to work, upon more research I found a post that said to remove the back cover, and unplug and replug the circuit boards, and anything that has a plug, and blow the dust out of the connections. Very easy as the post said, nothing that can really go wrong, the tV was useless. Low and behold, upon re installing the back and plugging in the set, for the first time in a month the set is working. Low tech, solution even I could do. Sorry for the neighborhood fix-it guy, he would have charged me 50 bucks just to diagnose it and Whatever part he thought I needed. I love the internet. Thanks to those that forged the road before us.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners...

Hi All,

Even I had this problem, My TV was getting repeatedly getting turned off and on. I went through many blogs and forums, but couldnt get any satisfying answers.

I thought lets do something on my own, I removed the back panel of the TV cleared some dust and then unplugged and replugged all the cables inside the TV, Fortunately it resolved my issue and now the TV is running awesome like never before.

So... I have been having the same problem for about 2 months and it just got worse. I opened the back like you said and cleaned all the connections 2 days ago. So far so good.

If this works.... I will give you all a million dollars.... When I win the lottery :)

Thanks guys....

Going to watch the Washington vs LasVegas game!

Mines cutting on and of immediately I see smart tv then goes off 3 secs can any one help please ?

Mine too just happened tonight mod good tv program ...dnt know who the killer was now

Same issue of turning off and on randomly. 5 year old Samsung 46" smart TV was not connecting wirelessly. I hooked up via ethernet cable, no updates needed. At this point, I assumed it was the wireless LAN that was corrupt after some reading and the fact it would dump out of the wireless setup menu when I tried to connect. I unplugged the wireless LAN, both back panels had to come off. It was tucked up under the outside plastic back panel on bottom left side looking at back . One screw and unplug, simple clip to unplug. Essentially made it a dumb TV. I use wireless Roku box (prefer that over 2011 smart hub) to make it smart again. So far so good.

kevin hernandez will be eternally grateful.