The March 2015 update of Apple's 13" MacBook Pro Retina Display, model A1502, features fifth-generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors and introduces the Force Touch trackpad.

Replace MacBook Pro early 2015 display with mid 2014 display

Is it possible to replace a MacBook Pro 13inch early 2015 display with a mid 2014 display?

Are there any difference in the displays and would any one know it had been changed?

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Ever fixed something? That’s Genius.

Share your repair story with #ImAGenius

We Are All Geniuses

Share your repair story with #ImAGenius

George: it looks as the 2013 and 2014 Retina displays are interchangeable but not with the 2015. Could be the cabling for the airport and iSight cables but they are different part numbers.

Nice to see you back on Answers ;-)

Thanks for the answer, Apple have quoted me £350 to replace the display...I've only had it 13 months.

You could always hook it up to an external monitor until the prices on used ones come down. Not ideal but a make do until you can afford it.

Ask for a "flat rate repair" price

Does anyone know the manufacturer warranty on the panel itself? I am assuming its not actually made by apple but by samsung or lg.

Although they look nearly identical the 2014 display does not work on the 2015.

Can you please confirm and explain a little your answer? I have same issue, tried to connect 2014 display and it works but have backlight delay problem on startup, also screen remains dark if "ALT" is pressed on startup to chose the disk and with flash light i can see its working just no backlight, if i chose disk and start after about 5sec or more screen backlight comes up as normally, but OS is already half way loaded. If you please can let me know have you tried this or you know why its not full compatible? maybe LVDS pinout is different or LCD panel is different? Thanks

i have this same issue, did you manage to fix it?

Still using it with monitor. Too much for retina screen

The iSight Camera (Apple Camera VendorID_0x106B ProductID_0x1570) is the same model and works. I have testet a mid 2014 on a early 2015.

Maybe they switch some Kabels in the LCD Connector?

What is with the WiFi Cabels/Antenna? Is it interchangeable?

Have tested a Late 2013 display on a early 2015 and it worked but just did a quick test did not plug the camera and wifi in.

George Johnson will be eternally grateful.