iPhone 3G

Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

Question Closed

Why does my screen have colored lines going through it.

I dropped my phone and now it has a screen with colored lines running horizontally. The screen is still responsive, I can hear it unlock and take pictures. It also syncs just fine. Any response would be great. I am prepared to dissect.

ur cable number 1 for the lcd display is half unplugged u have to open the phone slightly and push it back in place. then close the phone and problem solved.

Edit: This guide should provide you the steps necessary to access that cable.

Mentioned Items

iPhone 3G Display Assembly Image

iPhone 3G Display Assembly Replacement

by steve Difficulty: Moderate15 minutes

Thank you for your input. I did take the phone apart and I disconnect plug 1 and 2 and firmly clicked them back into place. I assumed you were referring to the side of the plug labeled 1 and 2. Were you? Or is it the other side of the cable that is connected to the screen?

by Chris