Parts & Tools

A standard cordless compact DeWalt 18V drill with a high performance motor that delivers 380 watts. Equipped with easy to hold design that allows you to work in difficult spaces.

Why won't my battery charge?

My battery will not charge even when it is hooked up to the charger.

If your battery won’t charge, first look to see if the light is flashing on the charger you plug into the wall. If the light is not flashing then there may be a blown fuse in the battery charger which can be replaced. If it is not a blown fuse it may just be a defective battery or an old battery since batteries over a period of time may not be able to hold charge as well as when you first got them. So in that case I recommend buying a new charger if you can not replace the fuse on your drill.

A little confusing (no pun) You suggest buying a new charger if the batteries are defective???

Confusing to say the least, all of my dewalt batteries are approx 24 months old and same goes for my chargers. I get one flash of the red light then nothing...none of my batteries should be depleted and the chargers should still be okay too

Jonathan Hamel will be eternally grateful.