low-cost notebook with at least basic gaming power, includes the models G50-30, G50-45, G50-70, G50-80.

24 Questions View all

Can I replace the charging port?

I have dropped my computer multiple times, resulting in damage to the charging port. After looking inside, it appears that part of my charger may have broken off into it, and that the casing to hold the charger in place has been damaged. The computer still charges some, but it is very finicky. Just wondering if this is something that could be repaired?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment
Spread Fixmas Cheer
Get $12 off your purchase of $50 or more with code FIXMAS12
Spread Fixmas Cheer
Get $12 off your purchase of $50 or more with code FIXMAS12

1 Answer

Chosen Solution


Here is a link to the service manual for your notebook.


If you scroll to p.58-59 of the manual. it details the procedure for the removal (and I suppose the installation, by reversing the procedure) of the DC-in cable

If you scroll to p.86 you will find the part number(s) for the DC-in cable. Your exact model number will decide which part number you need. If you 'Google' just the part number, nothing else, you will get suppliers for the part.

On p.80-81 there are also 'lower case' part numbers that may be of interest to you.

Hopefully this is of some help.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 3
Add a comment

Add your answer

Anna Pearson will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 3

Past 7 Days: 19

Past 30 Days: 72

All Time: 8,782