Larger version of the Nintendo DSi, released March 2010 in North America. Most repairs are accomplished with only a screwdriver and prying tools.

My DSi XL will not charge

Hi there,

My DSi XL works good except when I connect the charger the charge light only blinks once then shuts off.

I changed the F1 fuse near the power connector with no success. Is there another fuse F2 or something?

Regars,

MC

Yes, F2 is on the underside of the battery PCB; you'll have to remove the screws and take the board out to see it. It fails quite often, producing the result you see.

You can either replace it or just solder a wire across it to bridge it.

I don't think this is related to a fuse. It sounds more like your connection is loose or dirty. I'd suggest cleaning the charge port on the DSI with a small brush + isopropyl alcohol. If it's still doing the same thing, you probably have a bad solder connection on the charge port. A bad charger is also a possibility.

I had the same problem. Checked both fuses - they were ok. Cleaned the battery poles with an eraser, ok after that...

its hard for me because when i put my charger in i have to push the wire back so i cant go on it anymore!!! it is sooo annoying

Where do you have to push the wire back so i cant go on it anymore! Are you talking about having to push it far into the charging port?

Mark will be eternally grateful.