iPhone is disabled for 24 million minutes

I just pulled out my old iPhone 5 from its box to see in my horror to be disabled for 24 million minutes (4 decades) and its stuck in airplane mode. I tried methods with putting a working sim in there in rebooting 2 times to no avail. I also heard about restoring it but I don't want to lose all my info on it so can anyone help?

Try updating, and after the update has finished swipe up from the bottom of the lock screen and turn off airplane mode from there.

yes, you will lose all your information , this is inevitable so you may suck it up I'm sorry to say.

here is the process for restore through iTunes which you will need to have downloaded onto your pc/mac/laptop

make sure phone has some charge in it , 20% or more ideally

open iTunes on pc/;laptop/mac which you will have previously downloaded

connect iphone to computer usb port via iPhone charging cable.

hold both the top power button and the main round home button on screen together until apple logo appears

LET GO OF ONLY THE POWER BUTTON , KEEP PRESSING HOME

keep holding the home button until the connect to iTunes logo appears.

then follow the prompts which it will say to update and restore.

you may then have to wait for the update to download which can take some time depending on internet connection.

PLEASE NOTE , if during this time while downloading the software, that it reverts back to your original screen , then wait for the download to have finished which should be at top right of your screen , an arrow.

THEN REPEAT earlier process of

hold both the top power button and the main round home button on screen together until apple logo appears, then

then just follow the online steps again

this will restore your phone to factory settings.

This works!!!!!

Thank you.

I had the same issue and the solution mentioned above worked .

Only by restoring you can have your phone back. If you have an itunes or icloud backup you can retrieve the info you saved, but all the info you haven't backup will be lost.

To recover you phone turn it off and plug into a pc or mac while holding the home button and follow Itunes indications

What if you don't have a mac computer or laptop

@youneedgod Take it to a local repair shop, perhaps they can help you.

TheLoneGamer will be eternally grateful.