Normal light keeps flashing

Normal light keeps flashing on Whirlpool Gold Quiet Partner III. Tried resetting by cutting electric. Comes back on. Is there a sequence that works to run diagnostics?

CHECKING KEYPAD OPERATION

A rapidly blinking LED over one of the keys of the keypad (or sometimes a “dead” keypad/console)

indicates one or more key switch lines are stuck or shorted on either the control or the keypad.

To determine if the control or keypad is faulty, do the following test:

1. Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.

2. Open the dishwasher door.

3. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1).

Make sure all other connections are made.

4. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door.

5. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power.

6. Wait 5 seconds.

7. Close dishwasher door.

8. Monitor the control’s response:

➔If the control is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged),

it will respond by turning on a Drain Motor for 2 minutes.

Check and/or replace the keypad if the control responds OK.

➔If the control is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged),

then the drain motor will NOT respond and will remain off.

Thanks Mayer! I will try this in just a bit. I anticipate P1 is pretty easy to find if I unscrew and get to the heart of the control panel? (Have done work with ribbon cables on my Samsung microwave before.) Will let you know how it turns out!

Thank you Mayer. This post had helped me twice now. I followed your steps and drain motor did ran for 2 minutes. That confirmed control was OK, then (on my first attempt - few months ago) I started examining if any button feels stuck, I noticed all buttons except Cancel produce a small pop up sound when you push and then release. So I thought I've found the culprit. I tried a workaround by inserting a thin needle behind that button and tried to pop it up manually. Then I put the cable and everything back and turned on the dishwasher (followed your steps 4-7 before turning it on). And it started working!!!

It continued to work for 3 months and today the quick flashing lights came back again. The first thing I try is to pop up the cancel button again but it didnt't helped. Then tried resetting dishwasher following key press sequence methods you suggested in other posts before opening it but eventually tried these instructions and it worked again!!!

Now I am wondering what the real issue is. Is it really the Cancel button that was stuck before and today but it require the whole sequence of undoing the cable and running drain motor to reset the dishwasher. Or the Cancel button has nothing to do with it, just your steps 1-8 made it worked both time? Should I get a new key panel anyways otherwise this issue will keep repeating?

Appreciate your guidance.

Monique Spittel will be eternally grateful.