This PC is a Dell Inspiron 3000 Series laptop with an AMD processor and a non-touch display. It's model number is 3541.

Why won't my laptop turn on?

Laptop doesn't turn on when I push the power button. It is connected to the battery and the battery is plugged into the outlet. There is no light on the charger. Any idea what's wrong with my laptop?

Does your laptop have a removable battery? If it does have a removable battery then try removing the battery, plugging the laptop into the power supply and try turning it on.

I have seen computers with bad batteries in the past not turn on with the battery connected to the laptop.

Try what David suggested, but you should also simply try using a different electrical outlet. Or you could try using a new power adapter since there is no light on the power adapter you were already using.

Allison will be eternally grateful.