This affordable large-screen Android phone sports a 5.7-inch display and large 3,400 mAh battery.

Why did the home button and bottom of screen stop working?

A few weeks ago the three buttons (home, back, menu) stopped working out of nowhere. Literally my phone died and when I turned it back on after charging, the buttons no longer worked. I was able to download an app so that I didn't have to worry about it. Now the bottom portion of my screen no longer works. I believe the screen is dying from the bottom up and I don't know why. Please help.

what app did you download

Just fix this issue by going into accessibility and turning off assistive touch through the settings. Always check your settings and make sure you didn't alter any of those. Worst case you cant figure out where to go just reset phone settings. NOT FACTORY RESET..

Same my home button are menu button isn't working ..could somebody please help me

my home button doesnt work anymore and it was fine just a minte ago before i accidentally sneezed on my phone. would spit from a sneeze or cough cause that to happen?

Same thing happened to me except when I press the home button and back button it clicks way up on the screen and can't go back to the home screen please help

Most Helpful Answer

The digitizer is messed up. Someone I know had that same issue, but it's a somewhat cheap and easy repair.

What needs to be done?

I currently started working at MetroPCS. A customer came in today with the same exact problem. Yes, you can fix the issue with an app (Virtual Soft Keys), but this is a more effective way. Make sure your phone has backed up all your info....pics, contacts, music, etc. Then continue fixing your phone by simply resetting your phone to factory settings. Your phone will be good as new!

1. Go to settings

2. Scroll down to Backup & Reset

3.Make sure "Back up my data" says on....if not, proceed to doing so to backup your stuff.

4. Press Factory data reset

Hope this helps someone!! Have a Great Day!!

MeLLyMeL

Factory reset doesn't work. I tried this last week and the problem persisted. Now not only does the bottom half of my screen not work normally, suddenly the home screen and navigation buttons no longer function out of nowhere. Factory reset was not effective unfortunately.

Go into settings menu then go to the bottom look for accessibility look for switch back switch it to off your buttons should start working

Try to get boot recovery mode where the colors of the letters are red and wipe the data factory reset. Everything gets erased like it just came from the factory. A little deeper than the factory reset in the phones menu....but no harm to the phones settings. My u , 7 and backspace buttons weren't working and now they are after I did the recovery boot factory reset. You'll have to Google how to get the recovery boot wipe data menu on the ZTE I'm not sure exactly how I access it. But good luck

1.Hold down the power button and the up volume button at the same time until you see ZTE logo

2. Let go once you see logo

3. From this menu screen, you see click on "wipe cache clean" (use volume button for up and down go slow)

4. Click on reboot

Now it works and you still have all your photos etc

There is a home button app that will allow you to use a pop up home menu. It has worked for me. I did the whole erasing everything and factory tested it. The only result I got was everything I had was erased. Go to your play store and download home button for free and whoolah!

Download home button app

Just fix this issue by going into accessibility and turning off assistive touch and/or switch back switch through the settings. Always check your settings and make sure you didn't alter any of those. Worst case you cant figure out where to go just reset phone settings. NOT FACTORY RESET..

Try this :

1. Open the Settings app
  2. Locate Apps or Application Manager (depending upon which device you use)
  3. Swipe the screen to the left to get to the All tab
  4. Scroll down until you locate the currently running home screen
  5. Scroll down until you see the Clear Defaults button
  6. Tap clear default button.

Joniqua Wilburn will be eternally grateful.