This affordable large-screen Android phone sports a 5.7-inch display and large 3,400 mAh battery.

Why did the home button and bottom of screen stop working?

A few weeks ago the three buttons (home, back, menu) stopped working out of nowhere. Literally my phone died and when I turned it back on after charging, the buttons no longer worked. I was able to download an app so that I didn't have to worry about it. Now the bottom portion of my screen no longer works. I believe the screen is dying from the bottom up and I don't know why. Please help.

what app did you download

Just fix this issue by going into accessibility and turning off assistive touch through the settings. Always check your settings and make sure you didn't alter any of those. Worst case you cant figure out where to go just reset phone settings. NOT FACTORY RESET..

Same my home button are menu button isn't working ..could somebody please help me

my home button doesnt work anymore and it was fine just a minte ago before i accidentally sneezed on my phone. would spit from a sneeze or cough cause that to happen?

Same thing happened to me except when I press the home button and back button it clicks way up on the screen and can't go back to the home screen please help

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

The digitizer is messed up. Someone I know had that same issue, but it's a somewhat cheap and easy repair.

What needs to be done?

I currently started working at MetroPCS. A customer came in today with the same exact problem. Yes, you can fix the issue with an app (Virtual Soft Keys), but this is a more effective way. Make sure your phone has backed up all your info....pics, contacts, music, etc. Then continue fixing your phone by simply resetting your phone to factory settings. Your phone will be good as new!

1. Go to settings

2. Scroll down to Backup & Reset

3.Make sure "Back up my data" says on....if not, proceed to doing so to backup your stuff.

4. Press Factory data reset

Hope this helps someone!! Have a Great Day!!

MeLLyMeL

Factory reset doesn't work. I tried this last week and the problem persisted. Now not only does the bottom half of my screen not work normally, suddenly the home screen and navigation buttons no longer function out of nowhere. Factory reset was not effective unfortunately.

Go into settings menu then go to the bottom look for accessibility look for switch back switch it to off your buttons should start working

I did that still not working

"Switch Access" in accesibility options was on in my device. Turn it off did the trick. Thanks for the suggestion

Try to get boot recovery mode where the colors of the letters are red and wipe the data factory reset. Everything gets erased like it just came from the factory. A little deeper than the factory reset in the phones menu....but no harm to the phones settings. My u , 7 and backspace buttons weren't working and now they are after I did the recovery boot factory reset. You'll have to Google how to get the recovery boot wipe data menu on the ZTE I'm not sure exactly how I access it. But good luck

There is a home button app that will allow you to use a pop up home menu. It has worked for me. I did the whole erasing everything and factory tested it. The only result I got was everything I had was erased. Go to your play store and download home button for free and whoolah!

Download home button app

Very helpful didn't know what I was gonna do. Thank you!

1.Hold down the power button and the up volume button at the same time until you see ZTE logo

2. Let go once you see logo

3. From this menu screen, you see click on "wipe cache clean" (use volume button for up and down go slow)

4. Click on reboot

Now it works and you still have all your photos etc

My home button and my recent app button does not work and also am not not getting any notification the light is blinking but am not seeing the notification all am seeing when I pull down is no notification can u help me please

I'm having this same problem can someone PLEASEEEEE HELP ME

Try this :

1. Open the Settings app
  2. Locate Apps or Application Manager (depending upon which device you use)
  3. Swipe the screen to the left to get to the All tab
  4. Scroll down until you locate the currently running home screen
  5. Scroll down until you see the Clear Defaults button
  6. Tap clear default button.

My home button and my recent app button stop working and also am receiving notification but am not seeing them the light on the screen is blinking but when I pull down the screen it say no notification can you help me please?

This can be fixed in 4 steps guaranteed.

Step One: Turn off phone, remove battery sim & memory card, replace back.

Step Two: Set on a hard surface like a table or concrete floor.

Step Three: Grab your hammer and smash that $@$*.

Step Four: Head to the nearest cellular store and buy a new phone for less than $60

Problem Solved

Love the idea!

I'm having the same issue as Calliesha, except I can not download anything, it just keeps saying Download pending. I also can not pull down my notification screen from the top of the home screen. I have completed a wipe cache, uninstall Play Store updates and reinstall. The only thing I noticed is that when I go online on my PC to the Google Play Store, and pull up the app. Once I select download to ZTE Blade X and click install, it shows installed to device on the screen. Only thing I can think of is some how I deleted an importantitem while trying to fix my problem. I downloaded an app that did have permission to make changes to my phone. But one night my phone was dieing, I placed it on the charger. When I awoke and looked at my phone, I knew something was different. I have a lock code on my phone and assumed someone may have already reset my phone trying to get in or disabled my notifications somehow. My fonts where smaller, lock screen was different. And I had no notifications. Someone please help, I need my phone for work. Resetting will have me lose important information that could cost me my job.

I'm having the same issues!! Out of nowhere my phone restarted and now I'm not able to use the home button, recent app, download apps, notifications aren't working. Ugh

Same here with zte Maven 3!!! Need help!!!

I have the exact same problems!!! The other day I remember checked my phone and it had 91% battery charge, I went to bathroom, cane back and tryed tu turn on the screen but it didn't! The whole day I would press the power button and nothing.

Suddenly, in the middle of the night it showed "no battery" so I charged it

When I turned it on,it had all the problems you said

I have the EXACT problem. I was walking home one day and decided to call for a ride home and out of nowhere it went to safe mode ( which I don't know how to do) then it restarted and every since then it always says download pending and never downloads, my notifications never show even though I get alot of them, home & recent apps button not working and I can't pull the notification bar down twice like it should do. This problem happened in July 2019 out of nowhere and nothing ever happened to my zte blade zmax.

This just fixed mine: Go to “settings” , “features”, “navigation keys” and make sure “always show navigation” bar is toggled on.

the home button on my phone stopped working to on my ZTE z blade ZTE z blades are not allowed to be used in the United States anymore so what you got left with is what you got due to the cause of not being able to update the home button or the clear history or back button this is how they screwed us on these phones you can't Fix-It the phone with what you got is what you have left I just found this out ….screwed in Akron Ohio!!!!

Just fix this issue by going into accessibility and turning off assistive touch and/or switch back switch through the settings. Always check your settings and make sure you didn't alter any of those. Worst case you cant figure out where to go just reset phone settings. NOT FACTORY RESET..

I'm having same problem but I can't access the settings icon either. Please help!

Yes! Me too! All of a sudden I can't use the home button or the settings icon. I can see it, it looks like I'm pressing it, but it doesn't do anything!

My ZTE phone home button doesn’t work at all.

How do I get this app usage off my phone it has messed my phone up

I forgot my password for Google

Same problem here not sure what's going on…

My setting's button on my zte maven 3 phone.

It won't work how do I fix it

I was to lk d to turn my app screen back on how do I do it

Why was my app screen rem ok ved

I can't press my home botton my recent apps botton get notifications on my ZTE BLADE X!! Only thing that let's me is my back botton. I tried navigation key but it only changes my keys but still doesn't work ! Please help !!

My

Home screen button did not work after I was playing my game

Joniqua Wilburn will be eternally grateful.