This affordable large-screen Android phone sports a 5.7-inch display and large 3,400 mAh battery.

Why did the home button and bottom of screen stop working?

A few weeks ago the three buttons (home, back, menu) stopped working out of nowhere. Literally my phone died and when I turned it back on after charging, the buttons no longer worked. I was able to download an app so that I didn't have to worry about it. Now the bottom portion of my screen no longer works. I believe the screen is dying from the bottom up and I don't know why. Please help.

Most Helpful Answer

The digitizer is messed up. Someone I know had that same issue, but it's a somewhat cheap and easy repair.

What needs to be done?

I'm having the same problem with my phone >.< downloaded an app called button savior that fixed the problem

Erika-

Question about the program (BUTTON SAVIOR) that you downloaded which fixed you problem. In going to the Google Store and searching for the app I ended up finding multiple apps with the same name and would like to ask / know which one is the one that you used. Looking forward to hearing from you soon with the name of the manufacturer / creator of the program.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance with this matter

Respectfully

Remmington

Sorry for the delayed response, new to I fix it, but the one I use is "button savior non root" by kiumiu.ca. It's descent you can have it displayed on screen or hide it. A little tiny tab sticks out for you to open it again. I noticed lately whenever I turn my phone on, before I do anything, I have to go into the app & turn it on. Kinda annoying. If not I'm screwed because if I start an app without enabling it, there's no way to get out. I downloaded another one "simple control navigation bar" by coolAce and it did the same thing

If you find an app that you dont have to enable every time you turn on your phone let me know :)

Thank you so much Erica!This helped me sooooo much! Im so grateful.

I'm having the same issue I love this phone have had it a few years with no problems until yesterday my bottom three buttons stopped working....ughhh! how do I fix it?

--Kristi

All you need to do is take it apart and replace the digitizer. If that doesn't work, that means the logic board is broken and trash. Just look for "ZTE ZMax digitizer" on eBay or a parts store.

I'm having the same problem but it won't let me download apps either! I'm saving up for a new electronic!

Yeah, my blade xmax just died completely for the first time and when i turned it on, the home and app manager buttons don't work, only the back button. I also am unable to download apps or get ANY notifications.

Same exact thing just happened with my phone not even an hour ago. Back button works but not the other two. I also tried downloading an app wouldn't let me so I decided I was going to reset my phone and it also would not let me do it..love this phone only had it a few months and would love to figure this out.

Jayne, I backed up all of my things onto an SD card then had to do a factory data reset. Then I used the backup & restore app to get everything back and it's working well so far.

(If you have ZTE blade x max)

1) Open the backup & restore app and backup everything you want (apps, contacts, messages, etc.)

2) Make sure it has fully completed then power off your phone normally using the power button.

3) Once it is completely off, then hold the power button and volume up + button at the same time until the boot screen shows up.

4) Use the volume buttons to navigate to the "Factory Data Reset" option then reboot the phone using the available option.

5) Once it turns back on, you should be able to go back to the backup & restore app and restore everything that you had recently backed up.

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions!

Joniqua Wilburn will be eternally grateful.