This affordable large-screen Android phone sports a 5.7-inch display and large 3,400 mAh battery.

Why did the home button and bottom of screen stop working?

A few weeks ago the three buttons (home, back, menu) stopped working out of nowhere. Literally my phone died and when I turned it back on after charging, the buttons no longer worked. I was able to download an app so that I didn't have to worry about it. Now the bottom portion of my screen no longer works. I believe the screen is dying from the bottom up and I don't know why. Please help.

what app did you download

Just fix this issue by going into accessibility and turning off assistive touch through the settings. Always check your settings and make sure you didn't alter any of those. Worst case you cant figure out where to go just reset phone settings. NOT FACTORY RESET..

Same my home button are menu button isn't working ..could somebody please help me

my home button doesnt work anymore and it was fine just a minte ago before i accidentally sneezed on my phone. would spit from a sneeze or cough cause that to happen?

Same thing happened to me except when I press the home button and back button it clicks way up on the screen and can't go back to the home screen please help

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

The digitizer is messed up. Someone I know had that same issue, but it's a somewhat cheap and easy repair.

What needs to be done?

I currently started working at MetroPCS. A customer came in today with the same exact problem. Yes, you can fix the issue with an app (Virtual Soft Keys), but this is a more effective way. Make sure your phone has backed up all your info....pics, contacts, music, etc. Then continue fixing your phone by simply resetting your phone to factory settings. Your phone will be good as new!

1. Go to settings

2. Scroll down to Backup & Reset

3.Make sure "Back up my data" says on....if not, proceed to doing so to backup your stuff.

4. Press Factory data reset

Hope this helps someone!! Have a Great Day!!

MeLLyMeL

Factory reset doesn't work. I tried this last week and the problem persisted. Now not only does the bottom half of my screen not work normally, suddenly the home screen and navigation buttons no longer function out of nowhere. Factory reset was not effective unfortunately.

I'm having the same issue I love this phone have had it a few years with no problems until yesterday my bottom three buttons stopped working....ughhh! how do I fix it?

--Kristi

All you need to do is take it apart and replace the digitizer. If that doesn't work, that means the logic board is broken and trash. Just look for "ZTE ZMax digitizer" on eBay or a parts store.

I'm having the same problem but it won't let me download apps either! I'm saving up for a new electronic!

Yeah, my blade xmax just died completely for the first time and when i turned it on, the home and app manager buttons don't work, only the back button. I also am unable to download apps or get ANY notifications.

Same exact thing just happened with my phone not even an hour ago. Back button works but not the other two. I also tried downloading an app wouldn't let me so I decided I was going to reset my phone and it also would not let me do it..love this phone only had it a few months and would love to figure this out.

Jayne, I backed up all of my things onto an SD card then had to do a factory data reset. Then I used the backup & restore app to get everything back and it's working well so far.

(If you have ZTE blade x max)

1) Open the backup & restore app and backup everything you want (apps, contacts, messages, etc.)

2) Make sure it has fully completed then power off your phone normally using the power button.

3) Once it is completely off, then hold the power button and volume up + button at the same time until the boot screen shows up.

4) Use the volume buttons to navigate to the "Factory Data Reset" option then reboot the phone using the available option.

5) Once it turns back on, you should be able to go back to the backup & restore app and restore everything that you had recently backed up.

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions!

I'm having the same problem with my phone >.< downloaded an app called button savior that fixed the problem

Erika-

Question about the program (BUTTON SAVIOR) that you downloaded which fixed you problem. In going to the Google Store and searching for the app I ended up finding multiple apps with the same name and would like to ask / know which one is the one that you used. Looking forward to hearing from you soon with the name of the manufacturer / creator of the program.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance with this matter

Respectfully

Remmington

Sorry for the delayed response, new to I fix it, but the one I use is "button savior non root" by kiumiu.ca. It's descent you can have it displayed on screen or hide it. A little tiny tab sticks out for you to open it again. I noticed lately whenever I turn my phone on, before I do anything, I have to go into the app & turn it on. Kinda annoying. If not I'm screwed because if I start an app without enabling it, there's no way to get out. I downloaded another one "simple control navigation bar" by coolAce and it did the same thing

If you find an app that you dont have to enable every time you turn on your phone let me know :)

Thank you so much Erica!This helped me sooooo much! Im so grateful.

Go into settings menu then go to the bottom look for accessibility look for switch back switch it to off your buttons should start working

Try to get boot recovery mode where the colors of the letters are red and wipe the data factory reset. Everything gets erased like it just came from the factory. A little deeper than the factory reset in the phones menu....but no harm to the phones settings. My u , 7 and backspace buttons weren't working and now they are after I did the recovery boot factory reset. You'll have to Google how to get the recovery boot wipe data menu on the ZTE I'm not sure exactly how I access it. But good luck

How can I fix navigation bar at the bottom of my ZTE blade

Hi Erica, thank you for very much. I am able to navigation with the app.

What is the app called

There is a home button app that will allow you to use a pop up home menu. It has worked for me. I did the whole erasing everything and factory tested it. The only result I got was everything I had was erased. Go to your play store and download home button for free and whoolah!

Download home button app

the zte phone broke and it has no valeu to it

My navigation buttons aren't working how do I fix it

Google my navigation buttons aren't working how do I fix it how do I fix it can you answer me

Just fix this issue by going into accessibility and turning off assistive touch and/or switch back switch through the settings. Always check your settings and make sure you didn't alter any of those. Worst case you cant figure out where to go just reset phone settings. NOT FACTORY RESET..

Try The Nearest Phone Store They Can Probably Help Without Resetting it

I want the screen botton to work again

Don't my phone button work

Joniqua Wilburn will be eternally grateful.