How do I make ASD work on a 2011 MacBook Pro?

I've managed to get a copy of ASD3S148 but I'm struggling to find any information on what to do next (eg: how best to install it on an external hard drive and run it safely).

Apologies if this is a stupid question. Any help appreciated!!

The reason I'm doing this: My fan is permanently on full while my RPM is reading 0 and my temperatures are normal. AHT says 4MOT/4/40000002: Exhaust-0 issue, which means 'faulty fan' but the above info makes me think a broken/missing sensor could be the problem (which is feasible - I cleaned the fan and changed the RAM so may done something by mistake).

Would like to run ASD to find out exactly which, if any, sensors are faulty. Thanks.

Now have copy of ASD but no idea how to install/run it safely. Google not giving much away. Any help appreciated.

Sadly, I don't find ASD very helpful when I'm working on a fan or temp issue. I find TG Pro is a better tool.

In this case I can tell you your fan or the connection to the logic board has a problem. Within the fan is a tachometer which appears not to be reporting properly. First inspect the connector area on the logic board make sure in the process of disconnecting the fan you didn't damage one of the small components as well as the connector its self. If it all looks good replace the fan that should fix it.

Harry will be eternally grateful.