Repair guides and support for your LG TV.

tv turn on,but no picture and sound coming.

Hello

I have LG TV 55LX6500 ,the TV turn on, all the lights come on also the logo from LG display on the screen , but after that no picture come on ,does not responded at all.No volume , not source , not menu nothing come on.

Any one know what caused that.

thanks

stephanie, my hunch is that you have some bad capacitors. Do a search on youtube for capacitor replacement. It's not a hard job, but it does involve opening up your TV - and the inherent risks associated with that activity. How old is the TV?

Stephanie, check out this link right on iFixit! no sound and picture

Thanks for the replied Chuck.

Well my tv is almost 5 years old.

Ok , I will check the video on how to replace it,but I wonder how to get the part number to buy it? maybe I need to call LG.

stephanie, do a google search on "power supply board 55lx6500" and you'll get hits on ebay and amazon. It looks to be a bit over $100 for the board. I'd hate to see you buy this board and not have it solve the issue - check out YouTube for other LG models with similar issues to really narrow this down. Also, you need to be careful removing the back of the TV because there are areas with high voltage. ShopJimmy on Youtube would be a good contact for you.

stephanie will be eternally grateful.