The Bose SoundLink Color is a Bluetooth speaker, designed as a more affordable and portable alternative to the SoundLink Mini.

Its not charging and no lights are working

When I go to plug it in to charge it it doesn't work nothing happens no light or anything pops up

Me too! Very annoying

Try the following checks to see if the problem is in the charger, the charger cable or the speaker.

1. Connect the speaker with the charger USB cable to a USB port on a working PC/laptop. (the user guide shows that the charger cable, USB cable standard plug charger end, micro USB plug speaker end, can be unplugged from the charger).

If the speaker charging light comes on then the charger is faulty and needs to be replaced.

You can charge the speaker by connecting it to a PC/laptop, however it will take longer to fully charge as there is less current being supplied by the PC/laptop than the charger. You can also use any charger e.g. from a mobile phone, provided it has an output (printed on the charger) of 5VDC (definitely not more or less) and a current output of 0.5-1.0A (500mA-1000mA) and that it has a micro USB connector.

2. Connect a different USB cable between the PC/laptop and the speaker.

If the speaker charging light comes on then the USB cable is faulty and needs to be replaced.

If the speaker charging light still doesn't come on after trying the above checks then the problem is in the speaker. It could be the speaker charging port, the charging circuit or the battery. The speaker will have to be opened and checked to ascertain what the problem is.

I swapped out the USB cable and it's working. Dubious that it might be the connection port, but so far so good! THANK YOU!!

Nice one! Swapped charger for USB lead into PC removed battery, then put battery back. It came to life, so then tried the AC charger and that worked too. It maybe a re-boot issue in the speaker, but all well now #happy

Most Helpful Answer

Unit plugged in but no lights, no turning on? Try this:

- Plug soundlink in to wall charger

- Hold down the play/pause button for 15 seconds.

- Then, BEFORE releasing the play/pause button, unplug the charge cord from the unit.

- Release the button,

- Plug the unit back into the wall charger.

- Press the power button, and your unit should power on.

That worked! Thank you!!

Worked for me !!!! Thank you!!

THANK YOUUUU! IT WORKED! You made my day :))

Thank you. You are the best!!!

Crazy, but it worked!

this worked brilliantly thank you. was thinking of taking it in. Saved me a trip

Well on mines the top lights work buts my speaker lights dont i have a model ts-90210bl so please some help me i dont know out of the blue it stop workin like i used it last night and everything was ok and then i turn it on today ans the ball light work but the other ones did come one please i need customer service or somethin to help me

Didn't work for me!!

I need help on turning on my boss thing charger boss radio I have a regular plug to charge it but it's not charging it barely turned on it and that's it haven't seen it turned on what can I do

ianmurphy26 will be eternally grateful.