The Bose SoundLink Color is a Bluetooth speaker, designed as a more affordable and portable alternative to the SoundLink Mini.

Its not charging and no lights are working

When I go to plug it in to charge it it doesn't work nothing happens no light or anything pops up

Me too! Very annoying

meu também, não liga. Este aparelho é uma merda

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Try the following checks to see if the problem is in the charger, the charger cable or the speaker.

1. Connect the speaker with the charger USB cable to a USB port on a working PC/laptop. (the user guide shows that the charger cable, USB cable standard plug charger end, micro USB plug speaker end, can be unplugged from the charger).

If the speaker charging light comes on then the charger is faulty and needs to be replaced.

You can charge the speaker by connecting it to a PC/laptop, however it will take longer to fully charge as there is less current being supplied by the PC/laptop than the charger. You can also use any charger e.g. from a mobile phone, provided it has an output (printed on the charger) of 5VDC (definitely not more or less) and a current output of 0.5-1.0A (500mA-1000mA) and that it has a micro USB connector.

2. Connect a different USB cable between the PC/laptop and the speaker.

If the speaker charging light comes on then the USB cable is faulty and needs to be replaced.

If the speaker charging light still doesn't come on after trying the above checks then the problem is in the speaker. It could be the speaker charging port, the charging circuit or the battery. The speaker will have to be opened and checked to ascertain what the problem is.

I swapped out the USB cable and it's working. Dubious that it might be the connection port, but so far so good! THANK YOU!!

Nice one! Swapped charger for USB lead into PC removed battery, then put battery back. It came to life, so then tried the AC charger and that worked too. It maybe a re-boot issue in the speaker, but all well now #happy

Hi, I tried both - changing cable and changing charger, still no charging. I'm afraid there's a problem with the charging port. Could it be happened because I used 2000mA charger? Any suggestion? Anybody tried to repair this?

Mudei tudo e nada. Ou seja, não tem 3 meses que comprei esta droga pelo Mercado Livre e já vou ter que abri-lo. Pior tem que ter ferramenta especial. Não comprem mais esta porcaria.

I was having a charging issue also. I plugged the USB cable into a wall socket adapter and it wasn't charging. I noticed that the USB plug only partially went into the adapter. I changed the adapter out with an Apple one and then the USB cable went in fully, with no silver showing on port connector. The charging light came on and appears to be charging now. It seems if the USB cable doesn't fully insert into the wall adapter, it won't charge.

Most Helpful Answer

Unit plugged in but no lights, no turning on? Try this:

- Plug soundlink in to wall charger

- Hold down the play/pause button for 15 seconds.

- Then, BEFORE releasing the play/pause button, unplug the charge cord from the unit.

- Release the button,

- Plug the unit back into the wall charger.

- Press the power button, and your unit should power on.

That worked! Thank you!!

Worked for me !!!! Thank you!!

THANK YOUUUU! IT WORKED! You made my day :))

Thank you. You are the best!!!

Crazy, but it worked!

this worked brilliantly thank you. was thinking of taking it in. Saved me a trip

Didn't work for me!!

my lem speaker when i try to plug in and on it the light is not blinking can anyonr help me about my speaker

why my lem speaker have no light after i plug in the power?????help me

- Plug soundlink in to wall charger

- Release the button,

I had the same problem on both my Soundlink Revolve. It would go down to blinking red, but then refuse to charge. This appears to be one of the issues:

I was using a Samsung phone power adaptor to charge the Bose. DO NOT USE ANY POWER ADAPTOR EXCEPT FOR BOSE. They are not compatible. The Samsung has a "fast charge mode" by increasing the voltage to 9V momentarily to test to see if the receiving device can handle 9V. Samsung phones with this feature, can be charged fast at 9V (instead of the normal 5V). When Bose Revolve detects that momentary 9V, it shuts itself down, and refuses to accept a charge, even though the Samsung adaptor is back at 5V. So use its original wall power adaptor by Bose.

Well on mines the top lights work buts my speaker lights dont i have a model ts-90210bl so please some help me i dont know out of the blue it stop workin like i used it last night and everything was ok and then i turn it on today ans the ball light work but the other ones did come one please i need customer service or somethin to help me

I need help on turning on my boss thing charger boss radio I have a regular plug to charge it but it's not charging it barely turned on it and that's it haven't seen it turned on what can I do

my charger port on the speakers is broke how else can i gett it too charger I really like the speaker and haven't had it long so is there any way I can still use it i need too find a way for it too charger

I turn on my bose revolve on and I get a flashing red light. Can’t even get the Bluetooth working .. Even shut off the Bose revolve does not charge. Any one know how to solve this issue

I’ve tried the hold pause/play for .15, eta.. eta.. and it still doesn’t work..??

ianmurphy26 will be eternally grateful.