How to reset Verizon Router DNS server.

When you press and hold the red button on your Verizon Router that resets the router. I just wanted to check if resetting the router also resets the DNS server as well.

The cable modem/router uses DHCP to learn from the DHCP server in Verizions offices which DNS to use. So every time you do a reset it will re-acquire the setting. This same information is passed to your system, unless you have manually set it.

Here where I live, Comcast controls the cable modem (router) so we can't alter it. But, you could put your own router behind the cable modem and manage the setting so a different DNS server is used, or if you own your cable modem you should be able to alter it if you need to if you manage a few systems. Lastly, you can manually set the DNS within the TCP/IP settings of your system. Unless you have an issue with the DNS's replies I would leave it to what Verizon offers.

Steven will be eternally grateful.