Why doesn't my trackpad work?
So the track pad just stopped working one day. I assume it is a hardware issue, but can't be sure.
Here is the run down of what I have tried;
- I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers like 20 times.
- I fresh installed Window 7, 8.1, and 10
- I opened up the laptop and attempted to see if there might be a loose connection
- I checked several forums for advice
- I tried using the fn+f9 trick (this computer also has touch buttons above the keyboard for disabling and enabling screen modes, power modes, and trackpad! yet when I try to enable the trackpad the button light flashes and then lights back up)
Help me! Do I need to consider replacing the whole thing? I am only asking because I want to sell this thing and would prefer this work for the next person... although I have used a bluetooth mouse with the computer for the last few years...
Is this a good question?