What is wrong with my iPhone?

I have had this iPhone 5 for a while now, and I have not dropped it or cracked it and it has always had a case. However, all of a sudden the screen becomes unresponsive and vertical and horizontal lines appear. The weird thing is that when I lock it then unlock it, the lines disappear and I'm able to type for like a minute before it becomes unresponsive. Anther weird thing is if it goes less than let's say 50% of battery, this is when it starts to happen. Otherwise the phone is perfect. Does anyone have any idea why this happens?

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

I might be wrong but the digitizer and lcd cable may be loose and needs to be re-plugged in so it's fully in.

Joselyn Garcia will be eternally grateful.