Announced in March 2015, and released April 10, 2015, the Galaxy S6 is the next flagship in the Galaxy line. The curved screen version is known as the Galaxy S6 Edge.

Back button not working after display replacement

After a display replacement the back button isn't working. It doesn't light up and doesn't respond to touch.

Does a daughterboard replacement will fix the issue or is related to screen/digitizer?

The back button is integrated in touch function and this function is build in display. so there is a line in touch which could be broken and thats why button not work. change display is a fix.

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Since I just replaced a Samsung Galaxy S6 screen yesterday, it's probably the touch sensor button cable which is connected to the charger port flex assembly. Sounds like you've cut or damaged the flex cable on accident.

So home button and finger print work, but the back button does not work at all and the menu button works and lights up?

Anyway, the charger port assembly has two separate cables going to each corner for each touch sensor.

TL:DR - Yes, a daughter-board replacement will fix this issue (Charger port flex assembly). Problem is that you will need to take out the screen again.

Next time if you do open it, you will need to start lifting up the screen from top then to bottom. Then you can separate the touch sensors being glued to the glass by using a spudger between them.

It's sensors are inside Lcd , only lights are in charging cable , get your lcd replaced , it's damaged .

I repair phones and I have experimented it

hello, I have the same problem on a S4,

home button works but back button and options do not.

I changed the display, the entire display, so I did not remove the screen or anything. could be that I damaged some cables during the process? any idea on how to proceed? the daughter board would be that little extra piece at the button with the 4 screws?

I have a blue cable in there, I guess bring power to the buttons, the home button works so that cable should be ok right? what else can be damaged?

thanks a lot!

Riccardo Bicelli will be eternally grateful.