Also known as Samsung Galaxy Note 4G, Samsung SGH-I717, Samsung Galaxy Note LTE released in January of 2012.

Why are some of my pictures showing up as blank?

When I go to my gallery, some of my pictures show up as a black box with another small grey box inside it with a small lightning bolt symbol in the corner of the grey box and when I click on the picture, its a blank/black picture.

I have the same issue with my samsung J5 does not later if photos are on phone or ST card,y partners S5 is also doing the same..

Are your pictures 'stored' on the removable SD Card in your device?

If so, it may be that the card has become corrupted.

You may (stress only may) be able to 'recover' the pictures by placing the SD Card in a card reader connected to a PC and then using Recuva (here is a link http://download.cnet.com/Recuva/3000-224...) to see if it can restore them for you.

Remember to use the correct way to remove the SD Card from your device, i.e. either turn off your device and then remove the card or go to the Storage area in Settings and 'unmount' the external SD Card. Never remove an SD Card with the device turned on unless you unmount it first.

If you can recover your pictures, I suggest that you replace the SD Card and also think about saving your pictures to 'the cloud' or backing them up often in case you have other problems with your device.

On the phone

it happens when you've storing pictures on additional memory card which is too slow (most of cheap SD cards from China) or is corrupted (had the same issue with my Note 4). Try to chose internal memory as pics default storage, take a few and check then.

Regards,

Kris

Have same problem with my Galaxy Note 5 that doesn't have an SD card. Now what?

My pictures ar black in gray what do I do

The same has happened to me. I had photos taken using a samsung tablet. And I transferred them to my hisense phone using shareit, but I found them black with like a crack and a small gray triangular sign. Are they. Corrupted or what? If I transfer back to the tablet can they show clearly?

Eric.

Brandy Barnett will be eternally grateful.