Also known as Samsung Galaxy Note 4G, Samsung SGH-I717, Samsung Galaxy Note LTE released in January of 2012.

Why are some of my pictures showing up as blank?

When I go to my gallery, some of my pictures show up as a black box with another small grey box inside it with a small lightning bolt symbol in the corner of the grey box and when I click on the picture, its a blank/black picture.

I have the same issue with my samsung J5 does not later if photos are on phone or ST card,y partners S5 is also doing the same..

My old android phone have pictures but no sd card how can I have the same pictures added to this phone

Just go to settings>apps>gallery then press the 3 dots on the right top and press uninstall updates, it will tell you that data will be cleared, press yes. Note that clearing data is not deleting your images! by doing this you just remove the update that caused this problem.

Are your pictures 'stored' on the removable SD Card in your device?

If so, it may be that the card has become corrupted.

You may (stress only may) be able to 'recover' the pictures by placing the SD Card in a card reader connected to a PC and then using Recuva (here is a link http://download.cnet.com/Recuva/3000-224...) to see if it can restore them for you.

Remember to use the correct way to remove the SD Card from your device, i.e. either turn off your device and then remove the card or go to the Storage area in Settings and 'unmount' the external SD Card. Never remove an SD Card with the device turned on unless you unmount it first.

If you can recover your pictures, I suggest that you replace the SD Card and also think about saving your pictures to 'the cloud' or backing them up often in case you have other problems with your device.

On the phone

it happens when you've storing pictures on additional memory card which is too slow (most of cheap SD cards from China) or is corrupted (had the same issue with my Note 4). Try to chose internal memory as pics default storage, take a few and check then.

Regards,

Kris

Have same problem with my Galaxy Note 5 that doesn't have an SD card. Now what?

Same with me. I don't have a SD card yet I'm having the same problem with my Samsung galaxy tab 3

I am having the same problem with my note 5. But I have found when I hook my phone to my computer I can see all my photos. Now I am scared to take any pictures or video. Also, the pictures I can see are blurry when I open them on my phone (they are not blurry on computer or when I send them to people).

Samsung seems to be the problem! Never buying this brand again! I have experienced too many problems with it and now seem to be living my life checking ifixit.com and many other help sites. As we speak, the sansjbg keyboard isnt working, not appearing on the device& settings!

Sadly it seems as though I have lost my beautiful photos

i don't have the answer but i have similar issues with my photos slowly but surely turning into plain grey cubes and they are on the cloud and all backed up so for me its the cloud at fault, not my phone, nothing i did wrong and no dodgy/corrupt SD card.......its the cloud!!

I don't have a Samsung tho

Never use your cell phone for pics and it won't never happen again I'm sick of losing my pictures

Brandy Barnett will be eternally grateful.