Also known as Samsung Galaxy Note 4G, Samsung SGH-I717, Samsung Galaxy Note LTE released in January of 2012.

Why are some of my pictures showing up as blank?

When I go to my gallery, some of my pictures show up as a black box with another small grey box inside it with a small lightning bolt symbol in the corner of the grey box and when I click on the picture, its a blank/black picture.

I have the same issue with my samsung J5 does not later if photos are on phone or ST card,y partners S5 is also doing the same..

My old android phone have pictures but no sd card how can I have the same pictures added to this phone

Thank you so much Jamil !! I've had this problem for a long time and searched literally all over the internet for solution but non of them helped ! All of the solutions included downloading certain apps or clearing some "no media" files.. Finally! a solution that really works!! Why does this update causes that problem ?

Thanks Jamil, that worked like a charm!

Thank you. I was having the same problem and uninstall the update and everything works right now

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

Just go to settings>apps>gallery then press the 3 dots on the right top and press uninstall updates, it will tell you that data will be cleared, press yes. Note that clearing data is not deleting your images! by doing this you just remove the update that caused this problem.

Thank you so much. I too do not have an SD card. Your instructions worked perfectly

Yes! This worked for me too. Thank you so much.

Jamil, this was a huge help. Thank you!

Thanks, huge help

It worked! Thanks

it happens when you've storing pictures on additional memory card which is too slow (most of cheap SD cards from China) or is corrupted (had the same issue with my Note 4). Try to chose internal memory as pics default storage, take a few and check then.

Regards,

Kris

Have same problem with my Galaxy Note 5 that doesn't have an SD card. Now what?

Same with me. I don't have a SD card yet I'm having the same problem with my Samsung galaxy tab 3

I am having the same problem with my note 5. But I have found when I hook my phone to my computer I can see all my photos. Now I am scared to take any pictures or video. Also, the pictures I can see are blurry when I open them on my phone (they are not blurry on computer or when I send them to people).

Samsung seems to be the problem! Never buying this brand again! I have experienced too many problems with it and now seem to be living my life checking ifixit.com and many other help sites. As we speak, the sansjbg keyboard isnt working, not appearing on the device& settings!

Sadly it seems as though I have lost my beautiful photos

i don't have the answer but i have similar issues with my photos slowly but surely turning into plain grey cubes and they are on the cloud and all backed up so for me its the cloud at fault, not my phone, nothing i did wrong and no dodgy/corrupt SD card.......its the cloud!!

I don't have a Samsung tho

Never use your cell phone for pics and it won't never happen again I'm sick of losing my pictures

Brandy Barnett will be eternally grateful.