A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Logic board still not working

I recently had a problem with my ps4 not recognising disks. I then purchased a new blu Ray drive double checking I had purchased the right one for my console. I installed the new drive with no problem, the new drive came with the same model logic board that was in my old blu Ray drive, so I tried all my games in it and it read them all with no problem, when I tried to start the game an error would come up not allowing me to start, I previously remembered I needed to swap the logic board with my original one from my old drive for it to work. After swapping over I am now getting the unrecognised disk again, now with my new drive which previously read my games fine. I am worried that my logic board maybe corrupt. Does this mean I will have to purchase a new ps4 ?

Hi, thanks for getting back to me, the error message is ce-35888-2 which ive figured out means the wrong daughterboard. My original daughter board is giving me the same problem as before unrecognised disk error with my new drive. So my main question is does this mean I need a new ps4 once the original daughterboard is corrupt or can it be fixed?

Most Helpful Answer

What is the error message that you get when attempting to start a game?

Since you have two Blu-ray drives you need to use the old bluray drive and just swap the laser only. It should work this way.

The Blu-ray drive board is linked to the logic board. But the laser isn't.

Or just swap the bluray drive board over for the new bluray drive. That works too.

Yes, Ben is right, you need to use the daughterboard that originally came with your PS4 on the new disc drive. From what you describe there may be a problem with the daughterboard itself. It may be worth replacing the laser but I'm not sure that will fix the problem.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me, the error message is ce-35888-2 which ive figured out means the wrong daughterboard. My original daughter board is giving me the same problem as before unrecognised disk error with my new drive. So my main question is does this mean I need a new ps4 once the original daughterboard is corrupt or can it be fixed

dnc2007 will be eternally grateful.