I can't activate my device keeps on saying searching

so I recently bought an unlocked iPhone 5s from student computers and when I first put the SIM card it activated and I had service but then it all of a Sudden switched to saying searching instead I tried resetting the network settings, rebooting, turning airplane mode off nd on, taking the SIM card out nd putting it back in however nothing worked so I decided to factory reset my phone but now I can't activate it because it keeps on saying searching I even changed the SIM card and it keeps on saying the activation server is temporarily down. I don't know what's wrong with it do u think it would help getting the battery replaced?

1. Did you update the IOS? If you did you might want to google if that current IOS has an wireless connection issue. Also try connecting it to a computer with Apples Itunes it might tell you that you need an upgrade. Some of Apples upgrades have been known to break their phones and later they have another upgrade that fixes those issues.

open settings->general_>reset->reset network settings

Bandana Beghal will be eternally grateful.