The Galaxy S7 Edge is the curved-screen variant of Samsung's 2016 flagship phone, the Galaxy S7. Announced February 2016 and released on March 11. Model SM-G935.

Sim card stuck without tray, how to take it out?

'''I am not used to phones with sim card trays so I very stupidly put the entire sim card in the slot without the tray.

Is there a way to take it out without disassembling, and if it not how much disassembling will be needed?'''

Can you help me i have samsung galaxy s7 edge and i have problems with SIM Card Insert clip or gateway how ever u call it. Its like sticking out a bit and its not flat at all, idk if i should replace it with new one

I just got my Samsung Galaxy s6 edge in the mail today...when I went to put my sim card in from my old phone into the new one...my sim card slid into the slot without the sim card tray and now the sim card is stuck in there good...can't even get your fingers in there to try to pull it out...and now I've lost the sim card tray....any ideas on what to do? It would be greatly appreciated and a big help! Please and thank you! Will I need to take it back to Walmart and see what they would do?

I could not see nothing but the edge of the white sim card that was in without the tray..I got a really flat steak knife and slid it in on top of the sim card .the knife was in between the metal strip across top ( that holds the sim down)I gently slid my knife in under the metal strip and as I push the knife forward I slightly pushed the knife in a slight downwarn angle and pulled the knife out ..The Sim pulled out enough . to do the rest with my fingers.slightly angling downward the knife caused the sim to pop right out .

Most Helpful Answer

I had the same problem, but I solved it, my sister put a full size sim card without the tray, So the solution to this problem is : You use sewing needle, that you heat up with a lighter or candle, and you insert this needle in the stuck simcard as deep as you can, and wait 2 sec before trying to pull of the needle. You may have to try is a couple of times, but try to heat the needle a lot and handle with tweezer or something. That will definetely work, because that works perfectly for me, don't try to open the phone it's just a pain in the ass to reassemble it after.

Wonderful suggesttion! It really work for me. Thank You!!

it really worked...and in just 1 try...thank you...btw: safety pin works ...yay!

Excellent suggestion ! Three minutes . Done.

Thank you

it works! thanks for the suggestion.

Oh no it doesn't work for me - think I've pushed the card in too far

Using the needle is scratching the sim card - urgh!!!!

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Got my new S7, while trying to install my micro SD card, the SIM card popped out of the tray and into the slot. Verizon was no help at all. Another cell phone/tablet fixit store said they would have to disassemble the phone. Nuts, I hadn't even activated the phone yet. I took a very small paper clip and straightened one bend. Then using a needle nose pliers, I made a 90 degree bend at the end of the straightened piece, only about 2mm long. I very gently got this bent portion behind the stuck SIM card and was able to pull it out. Card and phone both work fine. Hope this helps someone else!

I used a Christmas tree ornament hanger - finer than a paperclip - with the slightest hook at the end. The sim card came right out!

I managed to put the nano card inside iphone6 without the tray. I could not believe it and I also managed to push it further inside by desperately using the tray to try and remove it. By the time I'd finished it had fallen inside a fair way l. You could barely see it with a bright light ! I tried a few things but they did not work. I then heated a needle over a candle until it was very hot and then placed it inside against the plastic back of sim card. I then left it for five minutes and lo ! it came out easily first go. I was most relieved ! I would have had to make an appointment at the genius bar. I think they would have had to remove the cover to get it out. There are two small screws you remove to take the back off the iphone. You can also try to do it yourself with a special screwdriver but getting the off and back on is a bit tricky. I felt a bit of a goose--but then learnt that other people had done it too. Anyway this worked for me so all is well that ends well

Worked for me. Jazaakallah khair

thank you SSSOOOO much

Worked for my Droid Mini

Can't get anything to work, but your post made me feel joyfull in that I felt I wasn't alone in my tech ically challenged attempt at retrieving my SIM card. Nice job in writing that comical joyfull piece. Well done.

I have faced the same problem and I managed to get the sim out without removing the back.

Simply heat up a pin or a needle.

Use pliers to hold it and carefully stick it to the edge of the sim.

Dont forget to remove any plastick cover around the phone to avoid accident touch as it will melt.

Heat up the pin till it is red .

You may check the link for photos.http://galaxys7stucksim.blogspot.com/201...

Hi there all, thanks for sharing the tips. I used a paper clip and made a 90deg bend and it worked better compared to heating up the needle/pin.

Mine was the sim card slot/tray is broken leaving the other half and the sim card stucked on the phone. Is there a way to pull it out? Im afraid I might damage the mother board if I used needle or anythng pointed to take it out

Did you solve it? I got the same issue right now.

You can put glue onto some thing and put that into the slot. Then after the glue dries then pull the object out slowly. Make sure the glue is good quality.

you will have to take the back cover off and take the motherboard out. then you will need a needle to pick the simcard out. have a nice repair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZU9U72O...

My drawer on my Samsung galaxy 7 will not stay closed

how did you solve this? i´m having the same problem

My sim card holder is missing how can i get another one for my galaxy note 5

My sim card tray is broken and is stuck inside in the phone,i manage to take the sim card but the sim tray is still in the phone.any solutions?

Mine, both sim card and the other half of the tray are still inside the phobe

Hey guys,

I had the same problem. The phone was new and I had just opened it and ended up accidentally inserting the SIM in the slot without the tray. I took a paper clip and bent it like iwhh86 suggested, pushed it inside the slot deep and wooooh, the card came out :).

Thanks a lot for the suggestion and good luck to the rest.

I had the same problem, I just cut the fat end off of a hairpin and stuck it beside the sim card, then just popped it out.

Help! I can't get my sim card out I've tried a million things!

If part of it is sticking out, I have been able to get it out with really sticky tape, like duct tape or packing tape.

You would just get it to stick to the SIM card and you can use it as grip to pull it out.

I am not answering a question but just being thankful for all you genius people out there. I had pushed my sim card so far down and took it to phone experts and he had said he would hv to open my samsung 6 edge apart but hooray after following your genius ideas i got it out with a paper clip.

I did what azskip said... and its working.. thanks a lot i dont need to go to samsung to repair it... so happy..

The needle popped out both times. I put a hook in the tip of a pin and used those holes to get a grip, then got it out. Whoo. Thought I'd totally screwed up my new phone right out of the box.

THANK YOU!!!

Dan Silver will be eternally grateful.