Announced in March 2015, and released April 10, 2015, the Galaxy S6 is the next flagship in the Galaxy line. The curved screen version is known as the Galaxy S6 Edge.

blocked IMEI. what do I do now?

my boss bought a phone some time last year and about 2 months ago it stopped working. turns out Optus blocked the IMEI number and refused to tell my boss why.

he bought this phone 2nd hand of a guy some time last year and it was working for a few months. And sadly my boss bought it with cash so he has no proof of perches.

as far as i read there is no way to get them to unblock the IMEI, which is really really dumb. and changing the IMEI/ESN is highly illegal. i don't wanna go to jail but i still want to help my boss recover some of his losses.

because Optus refused to mention why it was blocked i am going out on a limb here and hoping that if it was a stolen phone they would request it be sent to them so it could be returned to the rightful owner.

now that that's out of the way i read it was still legal to sell a IMEI blocked phone provided it is stated it's IMEI blocked. the phone is in good working condition with no cracks on the screen either.

what parts could i sell? should i just sell it whole?

The boss bought it from a guy that basically most likely reported it stolen. I havent seen a method that is possible to change the imei on the s6. Only the S4 and older have viable methods but require expensive programming boxes in order to do so. Probably not worth doing yourself.

again if it was considered stolen im sure they would have mentioned it. not only that but my boss had it for a few months and it was working fine.

as far as my own research into it goes the only legal option i can find is to sell it for parts as the IMEI is on the logic/mother board so everything else is apparently able to be sold. alternatively buy a new board and replace it to get a working phone again.

I wouldn't be surprised. I've heard some customers buying samsung galaxy phones only to find that it became blocked a few months later. This is usually because they had bought it on a plan and have sold it to someone else because they can't pay for the rest of the plan or have canceled the plan. Some people are dodgy and will report the phone as stolen months later to get another phone under insurance.

yeah. and im assuming this is what's happend and it's sad as there is no way to help anyone who is scammed by these dodgy people who waited till there was no way the victim to get their money back.

In some special cases if you've paid through paypal you may be able to get money back. It's worth a try.

Time for the trash can if you can't get your money back or sell it for parts ;-{

Just sell it to celphone shops where they can dissect the parts one by one and sell them

that's what i was going to do myself. i was just asking to make sure i know what i can and can't sell of the phone.

You can't get the imie changed very easy for £35,That wot I done wif my s6,It only took 15 mins and u don't even need to send the fone as it's done online ,changing an imie is not illegal in the U.K.

Have you still got s6 ? I would like to buy it for parts :) my email : m.przybysz29@wp.pl.

i have a brand new note s6 edge plus if u want to buy u can reach me at 5014838456 you can call or text

I buy it rbenn, Mooregar@gmail.com

I've got a perfect condition Galaxy s6 edge which is imie blocked if anyone is interested let me know at mooregar@gmail.com

Ffgghhhhhjjbg

you can have it unlocked on ebay for like 20 dollars.

Unlocked means you can use it on any network but if the imei is blocked you won't get it to work on any network in the country it was bought in. But take it out of that country and it will be OK as they only check the imei in that country.

If you search on line you will see how people can "reprogram " android phones remotely and make them factory unlocked

stephankranenfeld will be eternally grateful.