The Epson WorkForce 645 is an all-in-one office color inkjet printer.

How do you replace the white ribbon?

Hi--

Today I got an error message that my blue ink cartridge was inserted incorrectly. I noticed that the white ribbon on the side of the cartridge compartment was twisted, so I tried to untangle it. In the process, I ended up pulling it out of wherever it came from on the back of the cartridge compartment, and now my printer thinks this is a paper jam. Is this fixable and if so, how do I fix it?

I think this will post the photo

Post a couple of photos if you can.

Hi--here's a picture showing where the white ribbon is tangled (and it was wrapped behind, before I messed with it).[image|774623]

This video shows that cable and its insertion point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D2uYopO...

Thanks so much! I'm not sure if I'll do this and try to fix it, or just replace the printer. Though I think if I had been more patient with the problem, cleaning a print head would have been the right solution. Thanks for your help Mayer!

Meghan Stevenson will be eternally grateful.