Repair for speakers, stereos, header units, and CD players for your car or truck.

no sound from car speakers

i have a 2008 buick enclave. i get no sound thru my speakers but the radio & nav system turns on and seems to be working. what happened is the sound system was turned off while driving i hear a thumping/knocking noice coming from the top of the dash where the center speaker is. is lasted for a few seconds then stopped.i puled over cause i thought it was the engine or something , not the sound system since it wasn't turned on at the time. when i turned on radio it lite up but no sound. checked the fuse and it was ok

Is it a aftermarket head unit? Installed buy a qualified sparky?

no not after market. who is qualified sparky?

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

sounds like the power amp chip went out. I would make sure no shorts in speaker wires together or to the car chassis. mcmelectronics.com good source for car stereo parts.

George Miles will be eternally grateful.