Model A1502 / 2.4, 2.6, or 2.8 GHz dual-core Intel processor / Released October 2013

Trackpad stuck when pressing it down

Hey guys!

My trackpad is not working as it should; I mean physically, because it does work "virtually".

I have configured, since I have my MBP, the trackpad to use it pressing on it and not only touching it; the thing is, about 5 months ago the trackpad seems to be rigid or blocked, I have to hardly press it down to pull out the trackpad and make it work, looks like there is something beneath it; also it doesn't make the "click" noise when I press it down, so that "confirms" me there is something physical doing something to my trackpad.

I can't take it to the Apple Store since my warranty (which I'm sure it would have covered the fix) is probably expired; at the moment I don't have money to get it fixed.

What would your recommendation be? I have no trouble on opening my MBP and have a look, but I don't want to do things just for doing it; I rather do it if it is strictly necessary.

Thanks a lot.

-C

@caraneday do you live in the EU?

@alexhus I live in south america :)

ok thats a shame

@alexhus why is that? o.O

South America - lack of good Mac techs and exorbitant parts duty!

You should actually open it up and take a look. From the top of my head, I can't remember if this model has the battery immediately underneath the trackpad, in which case it could be that your battery is swollen and you need to replace it.

EDIT: yes the battery actually does run underneath the trackpad and should be the cause of this.

@rany I'll have a look and let you know what happens :) thank you

@rany fortunately the batter was not swollen, maybe the screws were not tighten enough; that is what I did and now the trackpad works perfectly. Thanks

Great happy that it was solved at little cost! Well done.

Carlos what did you exactly do? Just opened and then then closed again tightening even more the screws?

Carlos will be eternally grateful.