The Ivation Waterproof/Shockproof Digital Camera and video camera has dual full-color LCD displays, is fully waterproof, and submersible up to 10 feet.

How do I get the battery door open?

I can't figure out how to open the battery door. The batteries are dead and I need to replace them in order to take more photos.

This apparatus does not seem to exist with the designation Ivation IVWPDC20Y. Are you sure it's not a Ivation 20MP?

Most Helpful Answer

To open the battery door you must first push upwards on the latch then push to the side. This can be tricky at first but you must make sure the latch is up before the door will budge sideways.

It's easier than it seems - hold the little switch on the door while sliding door toward right edge of camera - once you do it you'll never have a problem again - just be sure to close it well when you are done inside.

Jack Schlandt will be eternally grateful.