Electric dryers use 220 volts or two power lines of 110 volts each. Some components in the dryer need only 110 volts; the heating element requires 220 volts. So it's possible for one part of the dryer to be fine and another part to have a short circuit. Short circuits can be caused by the heating element, the main power cord, or any other part of the internal wiring. I would unplug it and remove the back and visually try to find a short or burn mark. This is dangerous to work on as it must be tested while hot. Pros have equipment that can easily test the amperage that a wire is pulling. If the problem is not visible I would call a pro on this one.