Released June 2012, Model A1278. Intel processor with Turbo Boost, Up to 512 MB DDR5 Video RAM

The display cover is coming off on the bottom left corner

The aluminum cover is coming off on the bottom left side (when facing the open display) if I pull it gently it separates almost all the way up the left side. I saw similar mentions on 15" MBP and they mentioned glue had come loose. I don't see where is was glued. Ifixit only shows replacing the entire display assembly so I don't know how this was assembled.

Here are some pictures to help visualize the issue.

Can you post a couple of good resolution pictures taken from different angles?

Orginal post updated with pictures.

My bet is that the frame is broken about 1.25" above the bottom of the left hand corner. I've seen a lot of these breaks at that point. I repaired them with a heavy application of super glue to the break and then reinforcement with epoxy.

Most Helpful Answer

The frame is supposed to be glued to the back aluminum panel and that frame has come n undone. One of your pictures shows the frame and the yellow dried glue.

That's where you need to apply some fresh glue (preferably epoxy like Mayer said) and clamp.

Mind the LCD, you don't want to break it or have epoxy oozing out or onto the LCD and front glass from the inside so don't use too much and leave flat upside down until the glue has dried and won't run.

Paul Tiemann will be eternally grateful.