Removing the Heat shields from the board

I am currently removing the heat shields from an iphone 6s to perform liquid damage cleanup. I am having trouble removing the larger heat shield that is right next to the battery connector. I have already mixed low melting solder with the solder that is holding the shield down, but I am still not able to get it to break free.

Any tips or help on how to remove this shield without causing damage to the board would be appreciated.

Use a hot air gun.

Normally i use a hot air gun. 250 degrees C

hold the hot air gun vertically above the board. point it on the shield and do like a circular motion on top of it. after you do that for a bit use a tweezer and try to take the shield off every few secs. hope this helps

Elliot will be eternally grateful.