A Bluetooth smart speaker by Amazon, announced November 6, 2014. The Amazon Echo SK705DI features a voice-activated cloud-based assistant that can manage various tasks including playing music, reading news, creating lists, and answering questions.

The remote control does not pair with the with my device.

I tried to pair the remote control with the device and for some reason I can't get it to work or pair with the device. How can I pair the remote to the device?

Most Helpful Answer
  • Check that the remote has a fresh pair of AAA batteries.
  • Go to Settings > Pair remote in the Alexa app, and then press and hold the remote's Play / Pause button for five seconds while Amazon Echo is searching.
  • If you see a purple spinning light on your device, more than one remote was found. Press the Play / Pause button on the remote you want to connect with.

Note: The Amazon Echo Remote is sold seperately. Only one Amazon Echo Remote can be paired with Amazon Echo at a time.

Very good response! I would have added a link to the correct controller.

alfarsi1993 will be eternally grateful.