Repair and disassembly guides for food cooling appliances including refrigerators, freezers and fridge-freezers.

My 2013 Kitchenaid freezer wont freeze my food

My 2013 Kitchenaid freezer won't freeze my food. the air is cold but my food is soft and thawing. what can I do.

help! mine the back coil on freezer only get white about half way up ice cream is soupy will not freeze anything coils all clean underneath been like this for 3 months ice fills container but is wet both are turned up as high as controls can go it is 10 years old.

Is this just a freezer or a combo refrigerator - freezer? Is the refrigerator side also running warm?

Cause 1

Condenser Coils are Dirty

If the condenser coils are located within the freezer walls, the coils do not require cleaning. However, if the condenser coils can be readily accessed from behind or under the unit, you should clean them every 6-12 months. If the condenser coils are dirty, they won’t be able to dissipate heat effectively, greatly reducing the cooling capacity of the freezer. If the condenser coils are dirty or have not been cleaned in a while, clean them.

Cause 2

Evaporator Fan Motor

The evaporator fan motor draws air over the evaporator coils and circulates it throughout the freezer. If the evaporator fan motor is not working, the freezer will not cool. On most refrigerators, the fan motor will not run when the door is open. To check the evaporator fan motor, open the freezer door and then manually activate the freezer door switch. If the door switch is activated, but the evaporator fan motor won’t run, replace the evaporator fan motor.

Cause 3

Start Relay

The start relay provides power to the compressor. If the start relay isn’t working properly, the compressor may run intermittently or may not run at all. If the compressor won’t run, the freezer will not cool. To determine if the start relay is defective, unplug the freezer and remove the start relay from the compressor. Use a multimeter to test the start relay for continuity between the start and run terminals. If the start relay does not have continuity, or if it smells burnt, replace it.

Where would you find the "start relay"?

I'd need a model number to see if I can find it.

I have had the ice maker, condenser, fans, thermistor replaced and several services but it has failed again. I bought this in 2014 and it stared having problems July 2017. The last repair was Dec 2017. Worked for a while. Cooling problems, no ice started again March 2018. This refrigerator is terrible. It would freeze up with ice inside the food section and the freezer would not cool. Then both sides would be too warm. Then no ice or water. Now back to no ice and both sides are too warm. I have a 5 year warranty and I feel like all they will do is repair with parts over and over. Had to finally purchase a new refrigerator and put it in my garage because I could not rely on the refrigerator. This is a terrible product and Kitchenaid should give me a new refrigerator. The warranty for this product is misleading.

Full replacement for a piece of junk probably won’t happen. They just string you along until the warranty runs out. If anyone has any information on how I can force the warranty company to provide a new refrigerator please post. The warranty company is NSI.

Kitchen Aid Mod kSRG25FKSS15 01 04

Living the nightmare now this has been going on since 2017 and now hasn’t been working since February. AHS is difficult to work with. Frustrating

margaretmargaret574 will be eternally grateful.