Released June 2012 / Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost / Up to 1 GB DDR5 Video RAM

MacBook Pro is crashing when the battery level is under 10%

Hello,I have bought a new battery for my macbook pro several months ago. My issue is when the battery is under 10% the macbook turns off and can't be turned on again. It needs to be plugged in to a power source. Now my question is why is my macbook crashing? I don't even get a warning that my battery needs to be charged which was always the case with my old battery.

The battery was bought at iFixit

Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro 15" Unibody (Early 2011 through Mid 2012) Replacement Battery Image

There is a difference between "crashing" and "turning off due to loss of power." I would not describe this as "crashing."

It's not *too* surprising that your computer is switching off at 10%, because it's trying to preserve your log in session before it *really* has no more battery. Also, I've found that battery estimates can vary a lot.

Just learn to plug it in at 20% so that it never reaches that threshold.

Also, look for "coconutbattery" and see some important information about your battery. It may be exhausted.

I agree with you,but it should turn off at 1% and not above.

I also agree with you

Oliver will be eternally grateful.