AT&T’s Handset Phone answering system with the model number: EL52300.

Why does handset read Out of Range or No Power at Base?

When I am trying to place a call, the message says out of range even though I am close to the base

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Is the base to your phone on? That’ll make your phone think it is out of range. Next, make sure the phone is placed in the base for at least 5 minutes to reset its connection to the base, and then try placing a call after. If the problem still persists, there could be other signals messing up the connection. Check to see if there are any other cordless phones or ham radios around, and try turning them off. After that your phone should be able to connect.

I did all of the above instructions and it did not work. I drove off 2 days ago with phone away from the house and when I returned to put phone back on the base, it said "out of range or no power at base". Batteries are working in phone and the base lights up.

try taking the battery out and wait a couple minutes and put it back in..worked for me as my phone said the same thing.

That last comment is the answer. Worked with me. Thank you.

Since power outage, with winter storm, handset would not work! Still says no pwr

i had the same problem with my phone...either it said out of range or no power to base..i unplugged the battery..waited a couple minutes and plugged back in and it works now.

It worked. Thanks

no power at base??out of range

need help ,4054 western dr croswell,mi 48422.or come and take this service out. so i can get something a littel more reliable.

base is not on power out. maybe nice eat through the wires, it was working this morning.

nothing but problems with at&t,

computers working ,just no phones

I had the same problem with my phone. First, make sure it's plugged in, if not, then it's obviously not going to work. But if it is plugged in, unplug it and wait a few minutes, then plug it back in. I found that my phone was actually unplugged. I plugged it back in and it is working now. So the first thing you should do before unplugging the phone, is make sure it is actually plugged in already.

Nam Mai will be eternally grateful.