Use iPhone 6 plus battery to test damage?

I was mistakenly told a phone I was diagnosing for water damage was an Iphone 6 plus. turns out to be a 6S when client drops it off.

I only have the batteyr I ordered for a 6 plus. The connector seems the same. Is it ok to use this battery to test the repair while I wait for the proper battery to arrive?

Thanks a lot

Have you thoroughly cleaned the water damaged parts on the phone such as the flex cable connectors, any corroded areas on the mainboard?

If yes then you can try another battery to test and see if it works. If the battery can connect in then it doesn't hurt to try.

rcast will be eternally grateful.