iPod Nano

The current line of iPod Nanos comprises seven different generations.

Stuck in OK to disconnect mode, can't turn on?

I have an IPOD nano and the screen says OK to disconnect with a check mark. When I disconnect it, it seems frozen in this mode and I can't turn it on,off, nothing.

Any answers?

hold down the power and vol down buttons till apple sign appears. Worked for my 6th gen with same issue.

Bee Jay, you got it buddy. I did that and my ipod is back , Thanks

by Daniel Piedra

Most Helpful Answer

Do a reset. I'm not sure which nano you have, but typically a reset involves sliding the hold switch to hold then back again then pressing the center and menu button simultaneously for 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this a time or two. Also make sure to be touching only the center and menu buttons, not any other part of the control wheel and push the menu button from only the outer portion of the control wheel, not toward the center. Check out this link to the apple support page where you can select your nano, though the process should be the same:

ZELDA

I got the same problem. I had tried to hold down the power and vol down buttons till apple sign appeared but it said I had to restore it. What does it mean? What should I do? Please help. Thank you

Press home and power button

when i open my ipod say / ok to disconnect what i can do for i turn on and i can lessen to music again pleasss help / thank you

bold text

Plug your ipod into itunes.

Click on ipod.

Click Restore.

Wait Patiently

Click Sync

All Done!

Sandy will be eternally grateful.