Model A1238 / 80, 120, or 160 GB hard drive / black or silver metal front

A Samsung EVO 1TB mSATA drive into a iPod model MC297?

After successfully installing a new headphone jack and hold switch into my ipod Classic (Thanks to ifixit.com and member input). I am not afraid of it anymore. And perhaps it is going to my head.

I want to install a 1 tb ssd into it. As I understand it, I need a mSATA drive. I notice one for sale call a SAMSUNG 850 EVO mSATA 1TB Mini-SATA (mSATA) Internal SSD Single Unit Version MZ-M5E1T0BW on sale. Will this will work? My ipod model number is MC297 which according to the RapidRepair site is upgradeable to 1 TB.

What else do I need. The think that I need a zif connector? And a larger battery?

Thanks for the past and future help!

Mark

Tarkan iFlash-Sata is the only working one for mSATA. It's been tested that the 850 don't work well or at all, good with the 840.

Thanks for the info, rgarjr! Wish you had replied earlier as the SSD drive arrived in the mail yesterday. (They have a 30-day return policy and I have yet to open the package. Would you advise returning it without trying it? I have noticed a SAMSUNG 850 based ipod on eBay.

I guess u can try it but some people had no luck making it work. Only the 840s are known to work well.

Hi, have you make it work with the 850 or change it to the 840? I'd been searching around and the only thing I found is a problem with the voltage. Thanks.

@emoticom No, I sent it back. I found a better method and site dedicated to the problem. Google "tarkan iflash"

Thank you @mark , the thing with 840 is that is difficult to find, and when you do is even more expensive than 850. Hope Tarkan make it work with other 1TB mSATA SSD.

mark will be eternally grateful.