Released in April 2012 by Garmin. The Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT has a 5" (12.7cm) touchscreen and voice-activated navigation.

Why won't my GPS charge?

I plug in my power cord to my device and it isn't charging.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Mary,

There are multiple reasons your device may not be responding to your power cord causing it not to charge, a number of which are listed on ourtroubleshooting page.

First, make sure your charging cable is securely plugged into your vehicle and that your vehicle is also turned on. It may be that your power cable fuse is no longer functional, and you'll need to purchase a new one.

If you leave your device in your vehicle for an extended period of time, it may have overheated or gotten too cold, and can only operate between 32 degrees Fahrenheit and 113 degrees Fahrenheit.

Hopefully this helps answer your question,

-Ellidie

The answer is useless, I have the same problem, I can only assume that it is a bad battery and I don't know how to change/install a new one

I understand your problem, but it is probably not the battery. I have purchased 4 different chargers/leads for my nuvi 2599 and none of them will charge it, but the original supplied leads and charger work fine. This seems to be a common problem with the 2599 ltd Many sellers say that their leads work with this satnav; but they do not. There is something peculiar about this model that means ordinary cables from many suppliers will not support the charging function and in some cases will not work properly with a computer to download updates. Before you spend money on a new battery make quite sure that it is not the cable you are using is not at fault.

Robert.

Mary Rose Wirkkala will be eternally grateful.