Released in North America in November 2006.

How do you fix a button that won't press?

The Wii took a tumble a while back, and since then, the eject button doesn't click anymore. Unless its positioned just right, it'll forever try to eject. How do you fix/replace an eject button?

Most Helpful Answer

If I'm hearing you right, the console is constantly trying to eject the disc while the button is not being pressed. A solution you may want to consider is removing the button entirely (I'm pretty sure you can still eject the disc from the Wii menu). Try removing the faceplate to get to the button and remove it, to see if that fixes the problem or at the very least to clean out any broken plastic components that may still be in there. Wii Faceplate

Here's the part: Nintendo Wii Faceplate

EDIT: Whoops! Turns out you can't eject the disc from the Wii Menu. I tried through a whole episode of Seinfeld.

iFixit now has the part you need to repair your Wii (instructions linked to in BWest's answer)

Nintendo Wii Faceplate

clean the buttons some times got dust around

Yes and i need you to fix it

Kevin will be eternally grateful.