14.1 MP camera released in 2012.

My camera keeps saying "battery exhausted". How to fix it?

My camera keeps saying "battery exhausted" I've done everything online tells me but it doesn't work. What to do?

@cjdspartan since we do not know what "everything online tells" you it will help if you let us know what you've tried.

Replace the battery :-)

I've replaced the batteries several times - even bought the best, most expensive ones and I still get the same message over and over - Battery Exhaused! Crazy. I love this camera's picture quality, but this is ever so frustrating! Sure do wish there was a "cure" for this problem.

I am facing the same issue with my Camera Nikon L330.

I have charged battery many times and the charging light goes off withing few min.

After inserting battery it shows 100% and withing few min battery level drop to critical with message on screen "battery exhausted" and Camera turn off.

Could you please help me with this issue.

I have't purchased any sort of batteries yet.

I'm having the same problem too. And I'm using alkaline batteries JUST LIKE the camera is set for. And before anybody answers, consider this (and this is only directed at a couple of you)...

Do you @%^$$@$# seriously think we're stupid enough to try to use a camera with a dead battery? If we weren't using fresh batteries, we wouldn't be on this forum in the first place, we'd be out BUYING NEW BATTERIES. So if you've got something helpful to contribute, by all means, have at it. But if you're just here to troll, go &&^& a light socket!

Hi Cole,

There are a number of possible solutions you can try.

Check Battery Type

You may have the incorrect battery type selected in your camera's menu. Find out which type of battery is currently in your camera, and check it with your camera's current settings. To view your currently selected battery type (or to change your battery type) press the MENU button > Setup Menu > Battery Type. From here, you can make sure your battery matches the type selected in your camera.

Charge in Correct Order

This sounds silly, but you may have to plug in your camera and charging adapter in a specific order. According to Nikon's answers forum, first plug the USB cable into the charging adapter. Then, plug the adapter into a wall outlet, and finally connect the other end of the USB cable to your camera. (Make sure the camera is powered OFF.) Take care to perform these steps in this specific order.

Replace Battery

Most likely, you'll need to get a new set of batteries. This particular model defaults to AA alkaline batteries but also accepts AA lithium batteries or Nikon EN-MH2 rechargeable Ni-MH batteries.

If you get stuck, take a look at the Nikon Coolpix L310 user's manual.

Best of luck!

I've tried several times to put in new, fresh batteries - and within a few minutes "battery exhausted" message comes on, and I'm lucky if I was able to take even a couple of pictures! HELP!!

Exact same problem here - L21 eating away batteries in minutes, not hours. Any guesses?

/Per Hertz

It seems after you have bought enough batteries hoping two work, you may as well buy a new camera. I have the same problem and it is frustrating.

my camera had the same issue but it was solved by mata electronics in bangalore.pls contact them at mataelectronics@Gmail.com

How your problem was solved. Could you please advise ?

Try pushing the battery in while charging.

Cole Durham will be eternally grateful.