A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Replacing the optical drive (BDP-015)

Ifixit has listed 3 versions of the daughter board bdp-010, bdp-020, and bdp-025. I have a optical drive with a bdp-015 daughter board on it. I believe the optical drive needs to be replaced. Is this part interchangable? Also I would like to know if the bdp-015 has any pros and cons compared to the others.

Hey Joel,

Earlier today I had the same issue: had a PS4 with a BDP-015. I was able to replace it with a BDP-010 drive (using their older/existing daughterboard of course). The drive tested fine after the repair.

I figured that the BDP 015 and 010 were probably compatible since it's already established that the 020 and 025 are compatible.

Thanks for responding Jordan. So I can buy a bdp-010 optical drive as long as it's the appropriate model number? My ps4 is the cuh-1115a version. Also which brand did you go with? Original or aftermarket?

Joel will be eternally grateful.