iPhone 5s won't respond to power source while turn off.

My Iphone 5s battery was drained. I plugged the charger and charged it through the computer and the electric socket. But it wouldn't charge. So I decided to change the battery and charging port . I turned on the power and connected the cable to the computer and charger. It charged. But when I turned off the Iphone and connected it to the cable, the Iphone doesn't charge. Usually when I plug the Iphone to a charger, the apple logo is displayed in the monitor. But in this case, there was no reaction. It will only charge when turned on but not when turned off. I would greatly appreciate any insights or advice on how to fix my Iphone.Thank you.

Does it charge very slowly when it is on? If so it might be the charging ic on the motherboard, in which case you might have to send it out to someone who can micro solder. Had you tried more than one charge port? It could also be a faulty charge port or battery. Most aftermarket batteries are very terrible as well so it can also be that if you dont know or trust the source.

don will be eternally grateful.