How to fix my iPhone after dropping in water

I was in the bathtub talking on the phone with my girlfriend and my phone slipped in the bathtub. The screen was on for like a second and it went completely black. I pulled it out of the tub as quick as possible and put it in a bag of rice. I check every 30 minutes and try to turn it on but the phone will not turn on. How long should i wait until it soaks out all of the water? Or do i just need to get a replacement, which i have no insurance on as well.

Well, first a major problem you NEVER try to turn on a water damage device, this will cause a short in the circuits causing more damage. Second rice will not help with your device, the rice may take some moisture out of the phone but it will leave a white residue from the rice inside the phone, plus it's the corrosion on the motherboard that must be removed. If you want the data from this phone I would suggest getting it to a repair shop that knows what they are doing asap, and this may save the data.

Kyron will be eternally grateful.