Is my hard drive dead?
I recently had a power controler (intersil) burned in the logicboard and i bought a new motherboard. I've installed everything correctly, new PRAM battery, new thermal paste... I even changed the PSU which i got from a 2114 unit just in case it was the cause of the burned component. All like it should be done. It seems my hard drive is keeping the computer from booting. Only LED 1 is on and completely no activicty when i hit the power button. On the other side it boots perfectly from my usb flashdrive with lion created on diskmaker but the internal hard drive must be completely disconnected.
Does this mean my sata 3.5 hard drive is dead?
If i plug both, the internal sata 3.5 and the Usb with lion, it does not boot at all.
Should i get a new hard drive?
Apparently, the repair shop burned the disk while testing the faulty motherboard.
Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
Is this a good question?