Has anyone heard of digitizer like touch issues coming from software?

I have an iPhone 5s in and it was experiencing intermittent sever touch jumping and lag. It had symptoms very similar to that of a bad digitizer connection or water damage.

However, after a factory restore and half an hour of testing the issues are no longer present.

Has anyone experienced anything like this, or have any theories on what could have caused it?

Cheers,

-Adrian

on this site I see people constantly tell others to restore there phones to fix a digitizer though in all the years Ive been fixing phone and computers Ive never seen a software problem in a digitizer . But if so many claim to have fixed there phones this way there must be some fact to it.

just a test for font size

Yeah, probably the bad sector in your backup. Continue using it without old data.

Yeah, I ended up using the stock IOS and moving the clients apps and data over with a third party tool. I suppose this one will remain a mystery.

It is pretty rare with iPhones at least since the automatic touch calibration is usually spot on.

However, if the screen was replaced with a low quality refurbished display etc, touch issue can easily come up. Also a 3rd party non OEM AC charger can also cause touch issues.

It was with full OEM build interestingly enough.

Yeah I've never heard that before. First time for everything I guess? :)

Adrian Forsyth will be eternally grateful.