One gallon wet/dry vacuum manufactured by Shop-Vac, with catalog number: 2021000 and model No. MC150A.

My vac couldn't turn on

I used my vac properly for 2 months, and yesterday, I couldn't turn it on. What to do to fix that?

Most Frequent Causes for Vacuum cleaner motor not working

Cause 1

On - Off Switch

To determine if the switch is defective, use a multimeter to test it for continuity. If the on-off switch does not have continuity, replace it.

Cause 2

Drive Motor

First, test the power switch for continuity to ensure that the motor is getting power. If the power switch has continuity, ensure that the blower wheel turns freely and is clear of obstructions. If power is getting to the motor, and the motor turns freely, but the motor still won’t run, replace the motor.

Cause 3

Fan Motor

First, test the power switch for continuity to ensure that the motor is getting power. If the power switch has continuity, ensure that the blower wheel turns freely and is clear of obstructions. If power is getting to the motor, and the motor turns freely, but the motor still won’t run, replace the fan motor.

Kailiang Chen will be eternally grateful.