My phone got very hot, then the screen stopped working?

So a couple days ago, I traveled from chilly New York weather into very hot weather in Costa Rica. Shortly after I arrived in Costa Rica, my phone started getting very hot after me just using snapchat for a mere 5 minutes. It got so hot it hurt to hold and then the screen went black. I knew the inside lf the phone was still working because I'd plug it in and it would make the sound or I'd flick the ringer and it would buzz. So I held down the power button to turn it off and the phone cooled down. I tried restarting it by holding the home and lock button (although, not for a long time.) Nothing happened. Now its been nearly 3 days and I've had no luck. How can I save my phone?! There is no Apple here!

Ok, thanks anyways :(

By the sounds of things, your phone is still receiving power "I'd plug it in and it would make the sound or I'd flick the ringer and it would buzz"

This sounds to me like your screen has gone bad, I would highly suggest trying a new screen.

You haven't mentioned it being dropped in any sort of liquid, so I'm ruling out liquid damage unless of course you have dropped it in liquid.

Open the phone up, disconnect the battery, disconnect the screen, and try a new screen, hopefully you will get somewhere.

There are plenty of guides around to disassembling the iPhone 6, so that shouldn't be an issue, just take your time.

Any questions, feel free to ask! :-)

Check your battery tab in settings and see if anything is draining an exceptional amount of power. if nothing seems out of the ordinary backup and DFU your phone. Before restoring see if an unloaded stock OS still produces these issues. that being said, it sounds like your phone may have suffered water damage and I would get it looked at ASAP.

Ok, thanks for the help!

As mentioned, water damage could be the cause. Remove the motherboard and brush the components and connectors with a toothbrush and pure alcohol. If possible you can bring it to a workshop who could decontaminate it more thoroughly.

Ok, thanks for the help!

Mybe u can go to seting, general, reset, and reset and all content. Try for software first before touch hardware

Thea I know its a little late but it sounds like to me you blew out the backlight filter due to a short inside the phone. Typically when the phone gets excessively hot it is due to a short. Has the phone ever been in water as that is the usual reason for a short. Either that or a botched screen replacement. The good thing is your phone is not toast, this can be fixed. You need to find a repair shop that specializes in micro soldering on mobile devices. If there are none in your area there are quote a few that accept mail ins. Check out Jessa at iPad Rehab. Here is the link www.mendonipadrehab.com. If you just want your data and you can see the home screen with a flashlight as previously commented you can use the flashlight to navigate your phone, back it up and buy a new phone. At this point it is about cost versus replacement. Good luck!

Thea Tros will be eternally grateful.