Popular laptop sold by HP. Comes in a wide variety of configurations but retains the same basic form factor in all. The numbers and letters that follow "G60" usually indicate what retailer sold it and what hardware came in it.

Wifi card upgrade failure, no boot

I recently tried to upgrade the Wi-fi card in My HP G60-235DX to a new Intel 7260AC card. Its not in the BIOS whitelist of compatible cards and wont allow the laptop to boot. Does anyone know a workaround? ie BIOS updates or editors, I haven't been able to find much info out there that seems trust worthy.

In order to flash a bios that will allow your laptop to boot, you can review a post that I found on bios-mods.

As a disclaimer, I recommend reading through the forums to get a good understanding of the process of modding and flashing your bios.

I had a similar interest on using a modified the bios on my HP system to use an Atheros card, which I had success with, but everyone's experience can vary, so I recommend that you learn about the process to understand what changes people have made that might affect your system.

mrleonie1000 will be eternally grateful.