Everything works except charging after closing it up.

So I performed a screen replacement and everything works great, until I close it up. As soon as I close it all up it wont charge. I opened it back up and took a look and everything looks good and it will charge when it's open. Then I close it back up again and it will not charge. Something it either grounding out or something is going on when I snap everything back together. Anybody got any ideas?

update: I can snap things back together and it will charge if I apply a suction cup and apply negative pressure on the bottom of the screen.

update: I have isolated the issue to the right side of the screen. I can snap the whole left side down and the bottom right corner. As soon as I snap down the middle clip on the right side of the screen it stops charging.

Most Helpful Answer

So after carefully looking at it for a good couple hours I discovered a tiny tear in the ribbon cable that connects the charging port to the battery. As a temporary fix I slid a sticker that was already in the device in between the gap as it would stop charging when you pressed on that part of the ribbon cable. So keeping the device from making that connection seems to have worked.

Christopher Christensen will be eternally grateful.